This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 1:44 PM by 923918 RSS

two URLs to access the same repository

923918 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, I wanted to find out how to make two siebel url pointing to the same repository.
I have a full installation test. At the same I have a component (Fins Object Manager) but I want to build another URL in order to have another srf but on the same repository.
Is this possible? Have any idea how?
Thank you so much!
regards,
  • 1. Re: two URLs to access the same repository
    jiyong Pro
    You can create a new Object Manager that works with a different SRF.

More info can be found here:

Error “The page cannot be found” when connecting to Siebel Web client after creating a new object Manager [ID 541592.1]
  • 2. Re: two URLs to access the same repository
    923918 Newbie
    Jiyong Hi, yes i duplicate the Application Object Manager but i want to know if is possible url created two ...
    This would allow me to reboot the services of a url and be accessible to the other. In addition to deciding that I connect SRF decidiento that URL just income. The other way, I depend to the load balancer conect me to an object manager. I want to try a change timely.
    tell me if I'm not precise enough in my description.
  • 3. Re: two URLs to access the same repository
    jiyong Pro
    Is your goal to replace the SRF with zero downtime?
    You can read more here: Deploying a New SRF with Zero Downtime [ID 1318531.1]

Otherwise I'm not really sure what you are trying to do.
    Even with a load balancer each application (pool of object managers) will have a different URL.
    It's not advisable to have the same object managers with different SRF files concurrently.
  • 4. Re: two URLs to access the same repository
    923918 Newbie
    Hello, I'm trying to have two url to access my test environment. Each URL must be associated with an Object Manager Fins and this with a different SRF.
    That is, if I enter the to Siebel URL 1, use the Fins OM 1 having the srf 1, and if I use the URL 2 enter with Fins OM 2 having the srf 2
    I am currently doing a test that I suggested, it consists of creating a new Fins OM do point to a new CFG and SRF. Then add in the eapps.cfg a new URL that points to the new OM.
    If I do this should have two URLs to access, but a question: Should I create another directory on the Web Server (Apache)?

let me know if I was not clear enough
    Thank you,
    regards,
  • 5. Re: two URLs to access the same repository
    WSiebel Pro
    Yes, you need to create a new virtual directory in apache inside httpd.conf and setup the connection in eapps.cfg to point to the new FINS Object Manager.

Hope it helps,

Wilson
  • 6. Re: two URLs to access the same repository
    923918 Newbie
    Hello, I'm trying to have two url to access my test environment. Each URL must be associated with an Object Manager Fins and this with a different SRF.
    That is, if I enter the to Siebel URL 1, use the Fins OM 1 having the srf 1, and if I use the URL 2 enter with Fins OM 2 having the srf 2
    I am currently doing a test that I suggested, it consists of creating a new Fins OM do point to a new CFG and SRF. Then add in the eapps.cfg a new URL that points to the new OM.
    If I do this should have two URLs to access, but a question: Should I create another directory on the Web Server (Apache)?

let me know if I was not clear enough
    Thank you,
    regards,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points