7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 2:27 AM by 932045 RSS

tutorial for Oracle WebCenter Portal:Spaces (El Piju Space)

I was doing the tutorial for Oracle WebCenter Portal:Spaces (El Piju Space). Everything are in there except Documents. I do not see Documents in Pages-->Available Pages while in EL Piju-Settings. Why is it so? I manage to create myself but in the Content tab,I do not see Documents.
        • 1. Re: tutorial for Oracle WebCenter Portal:Spaces (El Piju Space)
          Hoque
          did you create a connection for content management ?

If not,then create a connection for spaces.

Steps would be -

To Register Content repository for webcenter Spaces application:-
          1)Enable Folders_g, DynamicConverter & WebCenterConfigure Component in content server:
          Login to content server –> administration –> Admin Server —> Component Manager–>select components above & update.
          2)Configure IBR (Refer doc here for steps)
          3)Login to Fusion Middleware control & navigate from the WebCenter menu , under WC Spaces, choose Settings > Service Configuration.
          4)From the list of services on the WebCenter Service Configuration page, select Content Repository.
          5)Click add to make a new content repositoryconnection
          6) On screen enter details as per below fields:-

Connection Name- Field need to unique for each content server connection.

Repository Type- Should be “Oracle Content Server” for Webcenter Spaces.

Active Connection- Select this check box ,if you wish to use this content server for connection by default or as primary. In multiple connections environment WC will connect to all connections.

Content Administrator- This user will be used to create, maintain & manage folders for WebCenter content.The default content administrator is sysadmin. (ensure this user exist in your identity store & have administrator group assigned)

Root Folder- This will be the folder within the content repository under which all WC application content is stored. For the Root Folder value, you must specify a content repository folder that does not yet exist.

format will be like: /foldername

Application Name- This will be the Webcenter Spaces Application name within the content server to which connection is made & should be unique.
          This application name will be used as prefix to seeded workflow &workflow steps, to separate data when multiple WebCenter Spaces applications share the same content repository and hence it should be unique across applications.

RIDC Socket Type- This is to specify whether Oracle Content Server connects on the content server listener port or the Web server filter, and to a SSL enabled listener port.
          Server Host- Enter the hostname of machine where Content server is running.
          Server port- Oracle Content server listener port, defaults to 4444 & corresponds to the IntradocServerPort parameter in the Content Server configuration file (default location- $DOMAIN_HOME/ucm/cs/config/config.cfg)

Authentication Method- If WC application & Content Server uses same identity store to authenticate users then we can select “IDENTITY PROPAGATION” else select “External Application” if an external application authenticates users against the Oracle Content Server.

Web Server Context root- defaults to /cs (you can get the info under $DOMAIN_HOME/ucm/cs/config/config.cfg)

7)Test the connection & save it. Restart WC application managed server

Login to WC Spaces Apps, click ” Documents” tab, it will now show the folder & sub folders of the content repository.

Regards,
          Hoque
          • 2. Re: tutorial for Oracle WebCenter Portal:Spaces (El Piju Space)
            Ok, I have tried your suggestion till step 6. However, I am not sure what values should I put for my new connection if I have already an existing connection. Details below are my existing connection:

Connection Name: WebCenterSpaces-ucm
            Root Folder: /WebCenterSpace-Root
            Application Name: WebCenterSpaces
            Web Server Context Root: /cs

I’m not sure what values should I put in the new connection. Can you give any suggested values.
            • 3. Re: tutorial for Oracle WebCenter Portal:Spaces (El Piju Space)
              Ok, I have tried your suggestion till step 6. However, I am not sure what values should I put for my new connection if I have already an existing connection. Details below are my existing connection:

Connection Name: WebCenterSpaces-ucm
              Root Folder: /WebCenterSpace-Root
              Application Name: WebCenterSpaces
              Web Server Context Root: /cs

I’m not sure what values should I put in the new connection. Can you give any suggested values.
              • 4. Re: tutorial for Oracle WebCenter Portal:Spaces (El Piju Space)
                Hoque
                some of the default values are -

default port will be 4444

and default admin user -weblogic with password weblogic1 (you know better).

check with your config.cfg file for more information.

Regards,
                Hoque
                • 5. Re: tutorial for Oracle WebCenter Portal:Spaces (El Piju Space)
                  Ok, but may I know where is the config.cfg file located. Can you give me the specific steps?
                  • 6. Re: tutorial for Oracle WebCenter Portal:Spaces (El Piju Space)
                    Hoque
                    $DOMAIN_HOME/ucm/cs/config/config.cfg
                    • 7. Re: tutorial for Oracle WebCenter Portal:Spaces (El Piju Space)
                      Ok, the Documents problem is finally solve. But under Content tabDocuments, I was not able to browse for greenbanner.jpg to upload. I know that the WebCenter Portal administrator should place the pre-supplied content. But where should I place it?