1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 6:59 AM by 882847 RSS

Null pointer exception in case of dependent LOV.

Hi,

I created a ListVO ( Rows populated programmatically, not based on query) and added two transient attributes OrgId and Queue.
      Then created two VO's (Read-only access through SQL query) OrgVO and QueueVO.
      Now created a List of values for each of them in the ListVO.
      I want the Queue list to be dependent on the Org list. So created a bind variable in the QueueVO such as :p_orgid
      But when i select the org list i get null pointer exception as follow:

<LifecycleImpl> <_handleException> ADF_FACES-60098:Faces lifecycle receives unhandled exceptions in phase RESTORE_VIEW 1
      javax.el.ELException: java.lang.NullPointerException
           at javax.el.BeanELResolver.setValue(BeanELResolver.java:345)
           at com.sun.faces.el.DemuxCompositeELResolver._setValue(DemuxCompositeELResolver.java:252)
           at com.sun.faces.el.DemuxCompositeELResolver.setValue(DemuxCompositeELResolver.java:278)
           at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.setValue(Unknown Source)
           at com.sun.el.ValueExpressionImpl.setValue(Unknown Source)

On the jspx page the Org Soc autosubmit has been set to true and Queue Soc has partial trigger of org soc.

Can anyone help me where i'm wrong which is throwing this exception.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Null pointer exception in case of dependent LOV.
          Hi,

There is a dynamic table created on page load.
          So when i'm selecting the value from the first list it calls the setter method of dynamic table and try to create again the table so the exception is coming.
          Can anyone please help why the setter of some other element will be called on selecting a value from teh list.

Thanks in advance