8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 9:23 AM by 859752 RSS

How to create Asynchronous request and delayed response Provider ABCS

Hi All,

I am using Jdveloper 11.1.1.5 and AIA FP 3.0

Whenver I am creating Asynchronous Provider ABCS through Service constructor, it asks for the wsdl in Callback tab. Would someone please help me in :

*1.* What wsdl we should provide in Callback tab

*2.* If I provide the EBS wsdl operation response. Then there is no call back in the BPEL process of the ABCS. Instead of that there is an invoke activity which is invoking the response operation of the EBS.

*3.* Does anyone tried to develop a complete Asynchronous (Req/Delayed response) AIA interface. if so please share with us.

Thanks
      Sunil
        • 1. Re: How to create Asynchronous request and delayed response Provider ABCS
          Veeru-Oracle
          For a response (using invoke) you should use response EBS endpoint.
          RequesterABCS->Request EBS->ProviderABCS->ResponseEBS->RequesterABCS(response port)

Take a look @ http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28389_01/doc.1111/e17364/desdevebs.htm#autoId41
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/doc.1111/e17364/designpatterns.htm#BCEDIHGF

Hope this helps.
          • 2. Re: How to create Asynchronous request and delayed response Provider ABCS
            Hi Veeru,

First of all thanks for the spontaneous response. You suggestion helped me a lot.
            Just one more thing to confirm, Do we neeed to create another EBS service (Using response endpoint) to handle the response from the provider ?

For eg:
            We have ProjectEBS service which is routing the Request message to the ProviderABCS, Do this EBS service can be used to handle the Async response from ProvABCS or we have to create a new ProjectResponseEBS service.

Thanks
            Sunil
            • 3. Re: How to create Asynchronous request and delayed response Provider ABCS
              Veeru-Oracle
              Yes, you need to create another response EBS service to handle the response from the provider.
              • 4. Re: How to create Asynchronous request and delayed response Provider ABCS
                HI Veeru,

Thanks for this quick reply. According to you suggestion I am following this design pattern to create the Async AIA Interface.

==============================================================================================

(1.Request) (2.port Type=ProjectEBS) (3.CreateProject)
                Async BPEl Process ---------1-------> CreateProjectReqABCS---------------2--------------------->ProjectReqEBS----------3------------->CreateProjectProvABCS

(4.portType=ProjectEBSResponse) (5.CreateProjectResponse) (6.Response Message)
                CreateProjectProvABCS------------------4-------------------------->ProjectRespEBS------------5--------------->CreateProjectReqABCS---------6----------->Async BPEL process

==============================================================================================

Would you please confirm these points :_

1. While connecting to EBS from ReqABCS I am selecting only PortType=CreateProjectEBS, I am not providing Callback PortType, Beacause we are using seperate Service to handle the response. Is this step is correct ?
                2. Also while connecting to EBS from ProviderABCS i am selecting tType=CreateProjectEBSResponse, I am not providing Callback PortType. Is this is correct ?
                3. In Requester ABCS test page on EM console there are two WSDL service showing. Which one to select while providing wsdl in ProjectResponse EBS while handling response message

Thanks
                Sunil

Edited by: 856749 on Apr 23, 2012 12:47 PM
                • 5. Re: How to create Asynchronous request and delayed response Provider ABCS
                  Veeru-Oracle
                  1. Yes, this is correct.
                  2. Yes, this is correct.
                  3. The one on which the Requester ABCS second receive is waiting for. Ideally you will choose another portType for receiving the response.

Hope this helps.
                  • 6. Re: How to create Asynchronous request and delayed response Provider ABCS
                    Hi Veeru,

Thanks for your help. This is very helpful to me in understanding the Async behaviour.
                    I have built the Entire interface but stuck in the requester ABCS. while testing the receive activity always remain in pending state. I have configure the corelation also.

I must be missing someting in the development dont know where ?

Veeru, if its possible for you, would you please share the sample code on my gmail id. This would be very helpfull to me in my case to determine the missing configuration.

Thanks
                    Sunil
                    • 7. Re: How to create Asynchronous request and delayed response Provider ABCS
                      Veeru-Oracle
                      From the Response EBS is the call going back to RequesterABCS and if so is it using the right correlationId ? Whats your email id ?.
                      • 8. Re: How to create Asynchronous request and delayed response Provider ABCS
                        Hi Veeru,

I identified two missing things, Please correct me where I am doing wrong:

1. While connecting the Receive activity inside the ReqABCS (which is receiving the ResponseEBM) to the PartnerLink of ResponseEBS Service.
                        I am providing : porttype = ProjectEBS and Callback portType = ProjectEBSResponse.

But while deploying it is giving error Binding is missing , although I have provided the concrete WSDL of the ResponseEBS.

2. If I remove that Receive activity and deploy, ReqABCS get deploy successfully. But while testing :
                        It goes only upto ProviderABCS and then we can see that Provider ABCS is invoking the Response EBS , But no instance of Response EBS has generated. howz that possible ?

Veeru, please send me one sample code to my ID : sunilmewada86@gmail.com

Again Thanks a lot for your responses

Thanks
                        Sunil