1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 8:23 AM by CraigB RSS

HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms

Hi All,

I am learning Forms 10g. I have created a smaple basic form with two fields and successfully compiled it. I have started the OCJ4 Instance also.

But, while running it (through Program -> Run Form) I am getting HTP 404 Not Found - Page Not found Error.

How to get rid of this ?

Please help me out.

Thanks !
        • 1. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
          HamidHelal
          Rajasekhar Reddy wrote:
          Hi All,

I am learning Forms 10g. I have created a smaple basic form with two fields and successfully compiled it. I have started the OCJ4 Instance also.

But, while running it (through Program -> Run Form) I am getting HTP 404 Not Found - Page Not found Error.
          Did you define web browser from edit >> preference >> runtime.
          and what is your os version and browser version.
          Depending on browser version, you have to configure jinitiator and JRE.

Hope this helps
          • 2. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
            I came to know that, there is no need to define the Browser Location In preferences if we are using default Browser.

My Browser is IE 7.0 and my OS version is XP Professional 5.1.2 Service Pack 3.

Thanks !
            • 3. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
              CraigB
              There are a couple of configuration steps you need to complete in order to run a form from the Forms Builder. Take a look at this article: Form: How to configure Forms Builder to run forms locally.

Hope this helps,
              Craig B-)

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.
              • 4. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim
                Rajasekhar Reddy wrote:
                I came to know that, there is no need to define the Browser Location In preferences if we are using default Browser.

Thanks !
                Hi Rajasekhar Reddy

Pls check ur IE version it should be 6 or 7 & make the necessary changes in formsweb.cfg file

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Amatu Allah
                • 5. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                  HamidHelal
                  For the above version you need to configure JRE
                  First download JRE from this location. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-6u31-download-1501637.html
                  Then you need to configure formsweb.cfg file. You will find it at X:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\server location. may different at you.

Now may follow Craig link.. also can read.

1. http://fdegrelle.over-blog.com/article-4135746.html
                  2. frm-10142 error while running form

Hope this helps..

Hamid
                  • 6. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                    Thanks for your response !

what is the value fro FORMS_BUILDER_PATH ? I did not find any key with that name in my Registry ? What are teh .jar files need to be included in it ?

DEFAULT.env

FORMS_PATH :: We have included two values in FORMS_PATH in Registry. Do I need to include the complete path in FORMS_PATH again here ? Or only C:\Forms_Dev\*;

CLASSPATH=+C:\oracle\dshome10g2\j2ee\OC4J_BI_Forms\applications\formsapp\formsweb\WEB-INF\lib\frmsrv.jar;C:\oracle\dshome10g2\jlib\repository.jar;C:\oracle\dshome10g2\jlib\ldapjclnt10.jar;C:\oracle\dshome10g2\jlib\debugger.jar;C:\oracle\dshome10g2\jlib\ewt3.jar;C:\oracle\dshome10g2\jlib\share.jar;C:\oracle\dshome10g2\jlib\utj.jar;C:\oracle\dshome10g2\jlib\zrclient.jar;C:\oracle\dshome10g2\reports\jlib\rwrun.jar;C:\oracle\dshome10g2\forms\java\frmwebutil.jar+

As the CLASSPATH contains all the .jar files, do I need to change it ?

Thanks !

Edited by: Rajasekhar Reddy on Apr 24, 2012 1:12 AM
                    • 7. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                      Sarah
                      hi

what is your forms version? 10gR1 or 10g R2.

sarah
                      • 8. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                        indra budiantho
                        Here the steps:
                        1. Create shortcut for this executable file: C:\DevSuiteHome_1\BIN\frmbld.exe
                        2. Right Click the shortcut, and choose 'properties'.
                        3. In the tab 'shortcut', field Start in: ... fill with your form directory, like c:\myforms
                        • 9. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                          10g R1

Thanks !
                          • 10. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                            Are these steps enough or do I need to change all the setting as mentioned in one of the previous replies ?

Thanks !
                            • 11. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                              CraigB
                              what is the value fro FORMS_BUILDER_PATH ? I did not find any key with that name in my Registry ?
                              I believe you mean FORMS_BUILDER_CLASSPATH and FORMS_PATH. These are the two variables I mentioned in the article. The FORMS_BUILDER_CLASSPATH is used of you have 3rd party Java Beans or Pluggable Java Components (PJCs).
                              What are teh .jar files need to be included in it ?
                              If you are not using any of Java Beans or PJCs you do not need to set this variable.
                              FORMS_PATH :: We have included two values in FORMS_PATH in Registry. Do I need to include the complete path in FORMS_PATH again here ? Or only C:\Forms_Dev\*;
                              The FORMS_PATH tells forms where to look for Forms Executables. Again, as I mentioned in the article, you should only ADD to this path variable. Do not delete anything already listed in this variable! For example, if installed Oracle Forms 10g to C:\DevSuiteHome_1 - the FORMS_PATH will default to: C:\DevSuiteHome_1\cgenf61\admin;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms. If you want to add your Forms directory (where you keep all of your forms) to the FORMS_PATH, do the following:
                              FORMS_PATH=C:\DevSuiteHome_1\cgenf61\admin;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms;C:\Forms_Dev\*;
                              As the CLASSPATH contains all the .jar files, do I need to change it ?
                              No, you do not need to change the CLASSPATH. As I mentioned above, you only need to change the CLASSPATH if you are using 3rd Party Java Bean/PJCs.
                              Are these steps enough or do I need to change all the setting as mentioned in one of the previous replies ?
                              What changes have you made? Just FORMS_PATH and FORMS_CLASS_PATH? Please list what changes you've made so we can answer your question.

Craig...
                              • 12. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                                Sarah
                                hi

if i got u very well then thats browser problem do something like this.

open Internet Explorer,go to Tools,Internet Options,Advance,In Advance go to Security,In Security-- uncheck Allow Active content to run in files on My Computer.

then run the form and check.

sarah
                                • 13. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                                  I have changed the following.

FORMS_PATH =C:\oracle\dshome10g2\cgenf61\admin;C:\oracle\dshome10g2\forms;C:\Forms_test\*;* in both registry and default.env.

TNS_ADMIN = C:\oracle\dshome10g2\NETWORK\ADMIN;*. This is new KEY in Registry.

I did not create FORMS_BUILDER_PATH.

Please let mw know whether i need to change any more apart from these.

Thanks !
                                  • 14. Re: HTTP 404 Not Found - Forms
                                    I have checked it, Active Run controls option was checked.

But I do not have permission to change it as it requires SYS ADMIN Permissions. How to proceed with out changing it ?

Thanks !

Edited by: Rajasekhar Reddy on Apr 25, 2012 7:23 AM
                                    1 2 Previous Next