This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2012 8:39 PM by 679493 RSS

ARTADM: libcobrts64.so : cannot open shared object file

899193 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
While doing the Tuxedo server startup i am getting error message:
ARTADM: error while loading shared libraries: libcobrts64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
Getting the same error message for ARTCNX, ARTSTRN.
I did verify one of the forum where its mentioned that MF Cobol Server Express need to be present on the linux, which i don't have. However, as per the Tuxedo documentation i have installed Cobol-IT compiler which is also compatible with the Tuxedo. Your inputs would be great help to resolve the issue.
  • 1. Re: ARTADM: libcobrts64.so : cannot open shared object file
    user734086 Newbie
    Tuxedo ART has added COBOL-IT support on Linux with 11.1.1.2.2 version released end of July. In that version there are two sets of Tuxedo ART servers - one for MF COBOL and another for COBOL-IT, which you can select at installation time. Please make sure you install and use the correct version of ART servers that are built with COBOL-IT, and also use COBOL-IT Enterprise Edition 2.7 or later (2.10 is the current version).

Mark Rakhmilevich
    Tuxedo ART PM
    mark.rakhmilevich@oracle.com
  • 2. Re: ARTADM: libcobrts64.so : cannot open shared object file
    899193 Newbie
    H Mark,

Thanks a lot for details. I have installed tuxedo Art 11.1.1.2.2 but don't remember which option i have choosen while installation for Cobol (Cobol-it / MF Cobol). I think i might have choosen the MF Cobol option while installation and thats the reason its asking for libcobrts64.so file, which comes with MF Cobol Server. Is there anyway i can check the option selected for Cobol (Cobol-IT / MF Cobol)?

Thanks.
  • 3. Re: ARTADM: libcobrts64.so : cannot open shared object file
    899193 Newbie
    Hi Mark,

I have reinstalled the ART with option Cobol-it and performed the conersion and compilation process again. However i am still facing the same error of "libcobrts64.so.
    I am also in a process of sample batch job execution. The code have been compiled however while excution its giving the same error
    "libcobrts64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. I am using COBOL-IT Standard Edition for the process.

Please let me know if still i am missing on anything.
  • 4. Re: ARTADM: libcobrts64.so : cannot open shared object file
    679493 Newbie
    Please verify your installation as following,
    After installing ART Runtime with Cobol-IT option,
    1) In the ART installation directory you should see directory Cics_RT_CIT and symbolic link Cics_RT pointing to this directory, i.e.
    ls -l /testarea/xcao/art11gR1/Cics_RT
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 xcao units 35 Apr 27 11:04 /testarea/xcao/art11gR1/Cics_RT -> /testarea/xcao/art11gR1/Cics_RT_CIT
    2) All servers should depend on Cobol-IT libraries, e.g.
    ldd /testarea/xcao/art11gR1/Cics_RT/bin/ARTSTRN |grep cob
    libcobit.so.4 => /opt/cobol-it-64/lib/libcobit.so.4 (0x00002b0965f28000)
    libvbisam.so.3 => /opt/cobol-it-64/lib/libvbisam.so.3 (0x00002b096609b000)
    libiconv.so.2 => /opt/cobol-it-64/lib/libiconv.so.2 (0x00002b09661b3000)
    libgmp.so.10 => /opt/cobol-it-64/lib/libgmp.so.10 (0x00002b09663bc000)
    libcitextfh.so.4 => /opt/cobol-it-64/lib/libcitextfh.so.4 (0x00002b0966527000)
    libcobatmis.so => /testarea/xcao/tuxedo11gR1/lib/libcobatmis.so (0x00002b096abfc000)

In addition, as Mark said, Cobol-IT Enterprise Edition 2.7 or later is required, Cobol-IT Standard Edition is not enough for ART.

Regards,
    Xin Cao

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points