4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 8:25 AM by J2EE_Life RSS

Unable to find find bin directory

user-Keen
      I have install "openjdk-7-fcs-src-b147-27_jun_2011.zip" to built small java program to learn java basic but there no bin directory for compilation the program.

--thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
        • 1. Re: Unable to find find bin directory
          gimbal2
          openjdk-7-fcs-src-b147-27_jun_2011.zip
          Eh, you know you've got the source code for OpenJDK here right?
          • 2. Re: Unable to find find bin directory
            user-Keen
            yes, but where can download JDK7 to built java basic program. actually when i searched on Google found lot of version for same which different flavor, therefore could you please help in this regard.

--thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
            • 3. Re: Unable to find find bin directory
              J2EE_Life
              Try :

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
              • 4. Re: Unable to find find bin directory
                gimbal2
                oracle0282 wrote:
                yes, but where can download JDK7 to built java basic program. actually when i searched on Google found lot of version for same which different flavor, therefore could you please help in this regard.

--thanks
                I really don't understand these things.

- Go to oracle.com
                - hover over downloads, you don't even have to click it
                - take 2 seconds to scan and find "java for developers" under "popular downloads"

Too difficult?

- go to java.com
                - click "free java download"
                - spot the "looking for java 7?" link

Or just use the google search you used and spend a little bit more time with it. Indeed I get OpenJDK as the first hit when I search for "java 7 download", but the remaining results should have quickly brought you to the proper place.