4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 7:25 AM by Likith Lanka RSS

Migration of DRM from DEV to PROD in Version 11.1.2

user640496
      Hi,

We have all components include Hyperion Planning, HFR, FDQM, Essbase, EPMA along with DRM. I can perform migrations of these components , only stuck with DRM as I am not sure how to achieve that. I have gone through DRM Installation guide and few posts in forum, it is suggested to use Migration utility.

Can you please share any other approach on how to achieve below actions?

1) Metadata export
      2) Mapping to EPMA dimension tables
      3) Security

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regard, UB
        • 1. Re: Migration of DRM from DEV to PROD in Version 11.1.2
          Likith Lanka
          Hi,
          In the initial part of your question you mentioned about migration, If that is from one environment to another, You can do a DB backup and restore. This migrates everything from one environment to the other.

Coming to your other questions,
          1) Metadata Export: You need to use migration utility to do this, So all the Properties, Exports, Imports etc get migrated. I am talking about DRM metadata. You may have different meaning when talking about Essbase or Planning.

2) Mapping to EPMA dimension tables: I am assuming that you will be maintaining hierarchies in DRM and changes should reflect in EPMA. You need to create Exports depending on your needs. It can be directly in Tables or Flat files, EPMA needs to pick these files on a regular basis.

3) Security: I think you cannot migrate DRM Security in Migration Utility. I do not have tool in hand so please try that while you do the Migration Utility for metadata. (not sure)
          • 2. Re: Migration of DRM from DEV to PROD in Version 11.1.2
            Likith Lanka
            I just noticed your Subject about DEV to PROD, which you mentioned clearly.

In that case you can do a complete DB backup and restore process.

You will need to install DRM on PROD, Stop the services on both the servers, migrate the DB.

Once you complete that you need to do some checkpoints like the connections etc should be reflecting the PROD connections and so on.

Edited by: Likith Lanka on Apr 11, 2012 11:50 AM
            • 3. Re: Migration of DRM from DEV to PROD in Version 11.1.2
              Hkag
              Hi Likith,

Do you have any docss on using DRM migration utility ?
              • 4. Re: Migration of DRM from DEV to PROD in Version 11.1.2
                Likith Lanka
                Hi Hkaq,
                I do not have any document that explains from end to end but this might help you. This link is explaining the older version but most of things work similarly.
                [http://danielpoon.com/working/2008/09/15/documenting-all-your-properties-and-drm-formulas-in-seconds/]

Also look at Page 121 of the Oracle documentation. It is explained well. I think this should work for you.
                [http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/drm_admin.pdf]

Edited by: Likith Lanka on Apr 27, 2012 7:23 AM