5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 3:33 AM by 730422 RSS

EBS Cloning advise please

Azar
      Hi,

We are running three tier architecture of EBS in our enviornment (web + app tier + database). Here my database storage is asm configured ,its non rac enviornment. It just a standlone server with asm. Now I want to clone this machine to other machine without asm ,So which procedure I should follow? How do i clone this ?

EBS Version : 12.1.3
      database version : 11.2.0.2

Mohamed Azar.
        • 1. Re: EBS Cloning advise please
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Please refer to these docs.

Rapid Clone Documentation Resources For Release 11i and 12 [ID 799735.1]
          Steps To Migrate/Move a Database From Non-ASM to ASM And Vice-Versa [ID 252219.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: EBS Cloning advise please
            Azar
            Hi,

thanks for your prompt response.

I know the procedure of how do we clone the three tier machine without database asm. Currently the database running with asm. So in this case I want to move the database files from asm to non asm and after shall i do the normal cloning procedure ?

Mohamed Azar.
            • 3. Re: EBS Cloning advise please
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Use the steps in [ID 252219.1] to clone the database -- Follow the steps under (Option 6: Cloning the Database Separately) section in [ID 406982.1]

Then complete the cloning as per [ID 406982.1]

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: EBS Cloning advise please
                Azar
                Thank you, Let me check and come back soon.

Edited by: Azar on Apr 29, 2012 4:08 AM
                • 5. Re: EBS Cloning advise please
                  Dear Hussain,

Thanks for your all-time great support. Can you please clarify below doubts?
                  According to note: “Steps To Migrate/Move a Database From Non-ASM to ASM And Vice-Versa [ID 252219.1]”

7. Use RMAN to copy the database from ASM to NON-ASM.
                  RMAN> BACKUP AS COPY DATABASE format '/u01/oradata/nonasmdb/datafile/%U';

This command only creates a backup copy of data files. It will not impact to any ASM data files or database. Right?
                  After getting file in location can we move the same files to new clone location and recovery by normal process?

Thanks in Advance,
                  Sandeep Amrutia