3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2012 1:40 PM by Jan Vervecken

How to make accessKey independent of keyboard language

MAhmed user9314172
      I've Fusion ADF web Application using jdeveloper 11.1.1.6
      and I want to add accessKey to buttons to handle shortcuts.
      for example I've added accessKey="a" for add button and this works with no problem but when I change the keyboard  language from English to Arabic
      and press ALT a to use this accessKey , it doesn't work

is there any way to use access key independent of keyboard language.
        • 1. Re: How to make accessKey independent of keyboard language
          Jan Vervecken
          hi "user9314172"
          user9314172 wrote:
          ... when I change the keyboard  language from English to Arabic ...
          For clarification, can I ask you this:
          - If "the keyboard language is English " and you press the key "a" (used in Alt-a) in a text editor, which character is shown?
          - If "the keyboard language is Arabic " and you press the same key "a" (used in Alt-a) in a text editor, which character is shown?

(tip : You can use "Your Control Panel" to make your name visible in forum posts.)

regards
          Jan Vervecken
          • 2. Re: How to make accessKey independent of keyboard language
            MAhmed user9314172
            Hi, Jan Vervecken
            thanks for reply
            - If "the keyboard language is English " and I pressed the key "a" (used in Alt-a) in a text editor, "a" character is shown.
            - If "the keyboard language is Arabic " and I pressed the same key "a" (used in Alt-a) in a text editor, "ش" character is shown.
            • 3. Re: How to make accessKey independent of keyboard language
              Jan Vervecken
              hi "user9314172"
              user9314172 wrote:
              - If "the keyboard language is English " and I pressed the key "a" (used in Alt-a) in a text editor, "a" character is shown.
              - If "the keyboard language is Arabic " and I pressed the same key "a" (used in Alt-a) in a text editor, "ش" character is shown.
              user9314172 wrote:... is there any way to use access key independent of keyboard language.
              Given that the character resulting for the same key is different when you "change the keyboard language", it seems unlikely that there is "any way to use access key independent of keyboard language ", because what would it be that you (or the framework) depends on to make it work?

regards
              Jan
              1 person found this helpful