This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 2:16 PM by 933572 RSS

Error using Data Miner on SQL Developer

933572 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear all.
I'm trying to use Data Miner on SQL Developer (3.1.06) with Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 -
64bit Production, with the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options.
I created a project, a workflow, a data source, a classification model and connected them.
I tried to show the Decision Tree generated as described in the tutorial "Using Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2".
But, I receive the message "It's not possible to load the data mining model because it does not exist" in a dialog box entitled "Model not found".
It seems that something was missing either during installation or granting my user.
Does anybody have seen this message and know what causes it?
Any other suggestion is welcome.
Regards,
Duncan
PUCRS-Brazil
  • 1. Re: Error using Data Miner on SQL Developer
    Mark Kelly Oracle ACE
    Hi Duncan,
    The SQL Developer version that you noted (3.1.06), appears to be a SQL Dev 3.1 Early Adopter Release.
    It would be better for you to use a production release.
    You can get that at the following link:
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/downloads/index.html

As for this installation you have.
    Is the model not found error occurring for all models or just the DT model?
    You did not report that the workflow failed, so you must be seeing a successful completion status for each of the nodes.

Are you using a proxy user or some other connection definition other than a standard connection.
    There is currently some problems supporting proxy based connections that will be fixed in a upcoming SQL Developer release.
    So, if you can provide me some details on how your connection is defined, that will be helpful.

How was the product installed and the user granted rights?
    Was it done through the UI or by running the scripts in the dataminer/scripts directory?

Lastly, what is your client operating system and are you using the SQL Dev 64 bit or 32 bit release?
    Thanks, Mark
  • 2. Re: Error using Data Miner on SQL Developer
    933572 Newbie
    Hi Mark.
    Thank you on replying my post.
    I'm not the DBA of Oracle repository here. So, if possible, I'd like to address my issue without having to do anything in it.
    I'll try to state better what we have here.
    When I try to use latest SQL Developer version, 11.2.1.1.7.42, it got me a message stating current repository isn't compatible with this SQLDev version
    Repository version is: 11.2.1.1.3
    I don't know what type of upgrade SQL Developer wants to do...

About your other questions.

"Is the model not found error occurring for all models or just the DT model?" -- The error occurs for all 4 standard models: SVM, GLM, NB and DT. But, I'm able to see all other options: "show tests results", "Compare tests results".

You did not report that the workflow failed, so you must be seeing a successful completion status for each of the nodes. -- Yes, all steps are executed and finished OK.

Are you using a proxy user or some other connection definition other than a standard connection. -- No.
    There is currently some problems supporting proxy based connections that will be fixed in a upcoming SQL Developer release.

So, if you can provide me some details on how your connection is defined, that will be helpful.

How was the product installed and the user granted rights? -- I need to ask PUCRS DBA team to answer these questions.
    Was it done through the UI or by running the scripts in the dataminer/scripts directory?

Lastly, what is your client operating system and are you using the SQL Dev 64 bit or 32 bit release? -- I tested in 2 different computers, both with Windows 7 Professional. In my notebook, it's 64 bits OS version.

Thank you for your attention and kind reply.

Regards,
    Duncan
  • 3. Re: Error using Data Miner on SQL Developer
    Mark Kelly Oracle ACE
    Hi Duncan,
    I can't really come up with anything.
    Is there anything unusual about the user account name, such as mixed case, blanks, special characters?
    Also, it was not clear if you installed the SQL Dev 3.1 EA 2 64 bit version or the 32 bit version.
    I would suggest that you contact your dba and have him install the released version of SQL Dev 3.1.
    That will at least get you running on released software.
    The DBA has the choice of either dropping the existing repository and then installing the new one, or migrated the old one.
    If you have not actually created any thing of value in the existing repository, then I would suggest they drop it and install the new one.
    THanks, Mark
  • 4. Re: Error using Data Miner on SQL Developer
    933572 Newbie
    Hi Mark.
    I appreciate your attention.
    I try to answer your questions.
    Login I'm using is very standard: only letters.
    SQL Dev version is 32 bits. But, I'm not able to get 64bit version of 3.1.06. It isn't available in OTN site.

I lecture database and data mining in the Computing School of my Univ. and DBA support is provided by PUCRS IT operation.
    The problem is that I have to follow a long path of different level instances until reach the DBA team. That's why I'd like to address this issue without them. I'm running subjects and I don't have time to wait them because it lasts just 2 months until final exams.
    Again, thank you very much. I'll ask for the server repository upgrade. It seems the right thing to do even considering the time I'll wait for.
    Best regards,
    Duncan

Edited by: user6512322 on 30/04/2012 14:13
  • 5. Re: Error using Data Miner on SQL Developer
    933572 Newbie
    Suggestions are helpful.
    I just have to manage to make them effective in my environment.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points