Philippe Ludwig Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
1Z0-803 Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer
  • 1. Re: expirence recommended for "1Z0-803 Oracle Certified Associate"
    bigdelboy Pro
    Philippe Ludwig wrote:
    Hi

What expirence Oracle recommends for the exam "1Z0-803 Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer"?
    Is one year enough?
    It's not my area, but i would imagine for some 3 months experience would be more han enough, for others 0 years experience might prove insufficient.

From and exam viewpoint tt is an approach to study a few of the exam topics and see how well you know them .... and then you may well be able to answer your question in the way that is most applicable to yourself.

.... if you are taking training the required level would normally be indicated by the provider. (I hope).
  • 2. Re: expirence recommended for "1Z0-803 Oracle Certified Associate"
    934042 Newbie
    Hi, as the previous answer suggests there is no recommended experience required to pass this exam. I passed the 1Z0-803 after 3 months prep. I was new to Java though have prior C++ experience.

If you are able to read and understand all the tutorials at the below link you will probably be ready to take the exam.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/extra/certification/javase-7-programmer1.html

The only advice I'd have is to practice working through questions at faster than a leisurely pace because you need to get through all the questions to pass.

There are lots of study guides for Java 6 certification and they will all help you pass this exam. For this exam, have a look at :

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/language/enhancements.html#javase7

for the new features in Java 7 and you won't be caught out.

Edited by: Sridhar on 01-May-2012 02:05
  • 3. Re: expirence recommended for "1Z0-803 Oracle Certified Associate"
    934128 Newbie
    Hi,
    I passed 1Z0-851 exam ( Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer Certified Professional Exam ) without work experience,
    It takes just more time to pass it, than with work experience and to read good material for exam.

Used material for my exam: http://www.amazon.com/SCJP-Certified-Programmer-Java-310-065/dp/0071591060/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335875639&sr=8-1

Edited by: 931125 on 2012.5.1 05.36
  • 4. Re: expirence recommended for "1Z0-803 Oracle Certified Associate"
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    It is true that there is not an experience recommendation on these exams. Tho, these SE 7 exams are probably more difficult than the SE 6 exams. I'd suggest reviewing the exam topics to see where your weak areas are and see if you feel like you are ready now to take the exam, or if you need to gain more work experience. The OCA exam is typically a more entry-level exam, but that does not translate to easy. It just means that the concepts are not as advanced as what you'll run into in the OCP exam.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points