5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 2:08 PM by Dave Miner-Oracle RSS

SUNWi1cs, SUNWi15cs are missing in oracle solaris for VM

user10858330
      Hello,
      i'm installing oracle 10r2 on Solaris10_8-11 for testing purposes. i have download Solaris from VM section of oracle
      http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris10/solaris-vm-405695.html.
      Two package are missing both are required for oracle installation. i got following error
      ERROR: information for "SUNWi1cs" was not found
      ERROR: information for "SUNWi15cs" was not found

when i google this issue i got a OTN thread which deal almost same problem and purposed solution was to download cd1 which contain both pkgs. Now my questions are

would i need to download compete dvd for just two pkgs? (SIZE 3GB)
      is there any link to download CD1 only
      or any other work around?
        • 1. Re: SUNWi1cs, SUNWi15cs are missing in oracle solaris for VM
          hitgon
          Hi

These is the required pkgs and you can found only from the iso of operating system

please share the details of pkgs that will mandatory for oracle to the administrator while they people perform the installation so that you might not be the more issue for found from iso

Regards
          Hitgon
          • 2. Re: SUNWi1cs, SUNWi15cs are missing in oracle solaris for VM
            user10858330
            thanks for reply,
            i'm confuse why oracle did not add theses pkg in vm solution. The purpose of this VM machine to make life easy for those guys who don't have sound experience on solaris box (like me) or they have no concern with OS installations. it mean, if i wanted to install oracle on solaris using VM machine then i have to download both file separately which is equal to 7GB (too large) plz let me know if there is any way to downlaod cd1 instead of full dvd?

here is my complete snapshot of the output
            bash-3.2# pkginfo -i SUNWlibms SUNWtoo SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs SUNWxwfnt SUNWxwplt SUNWmfrun SUNWxwplr SUNWxwdv SUNWgcc SUNWbtool SUNWi1of SUNWhea SUNWlibm SUNWsprot SUNWuiu8
            system      SUNWbtool CCS tools bundled with SunOS
            system      SUNWgcc   gcc - The GNU C compiler
            system      SUNWhea   SunOS Header Files
            system      SUNWi1of  ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1) Optional Fonts
            system      SUNWlibm  Math & Microtasking Library Headers & Lint Files (Usr)
            system      SUNWlibms Math & Microtasking Libraries (Usr)
            system      SUNWmfrun Motif RunTime Kit
            system      SUNWsprot Solaris Bundled tools
            system      SUNWtoo   Programming Tools
            system      SUNWuiu8  Iconv modules for UTF-8 Locale
            system      SUNWxwdv  X Windows System Window Drivers
            system      SUNWxwfnt X Window System platform required fonts
            system      SUNWxwplr X Window System platform software configuration
            system      SUNWxwplt X Window System platform software
            ERROR: information for "SUNWi1cs" was not found
            ERROR: information for "SUNWi15cs" was not found
            • 3. Re: SUNWi1cs, SUNWi15cs are missing in oracle solaris for VM
              Helios-GunesEROL
              Hi;

Please check below note and be sure you have all prereq on your system(You can have higher version of packages)

Oracle Database on Unix AIX,HP-UX,Linux,Mac OS X,Solaris,Tru64 Unix Operating Systems Installation and Configuration Requirements Quick Reference (8.0.5 to 11.2) [ID 169706.1]

Regard
              Helios
              • 4. Re: SUNWi1cs, SUNWi15cs are missing in oracle solaris for VM
                user10858330
                Thanks, but i'm not asking the prereq i know all what is mention in the note. my question is different. i'm talking about the Oracle Solaris VMS which come with pre-configure Solaris os. Now if pkgs are missing in them then what we need to do? would i need to download full DVD of Solaris and add package ? i did not get any single link on net which install oracle on Solaris VM. i think i have to download full DVD to resolve this issue. VM OS does not have req packages. i think Oracle should ship both package with VMs software so that we don't have to download both ISO image and Solaris10_8-11-disk1.vmdk.
                • 5. Re: SUNWi1cs, SUNWi15cs are missing in oracle solaris for VM
                  Dave Miner-Oracle
                  Yes, you would need to download the Solaris 10 media and install the needed packages into the VM.

You might want to consider Solaris 11 instead. The new packaging system means you can directly install required packages from Oracle's network repository without need of downloading the entire released set of packages.