This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 10:40 AM by Lindsey RSS

Security Errors with LCM in 11.1.2.0

Lindsey Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading to Hyperion Planning 11.1.2.0 and in moving Security (Shared Services Groups, Users, Roles and Dimension Level Security) we are encountering many problems. In our orginal implementation we expirenced some issues migrating security so we had built it in each environment since we were not able to get LCM to work.

Can anyone tell me how to successfully bring over Security? I have been doing 2 Security packages, the first from Shared Services> Native Directory>Assigned Roles and all the options under it. (Expecting this to bring over all the users, security groups and provisioning for the groups). We have been able to get the users and groups created and the provisioning looks to have come over 50%.

We have had NO success in bringing over the dimension level security. We had expected it to come over with the package Planning>Security>Access Permissions: Groups, Users. We have never done this before through LCM. When bringing this in we get the error : Import failed: Total-385, Succes- 0 Error Details: Cannot import Access Permission- User (ABC) not found.  Erro Detail (Invalid user name found in the file). However all the user names are valid...

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you.

Edited by: user8361449 on Apr 30, 2012 5:00 PM
  • 1. Re: Security Errors with LCM in 11.1.1.3
    852003 Newbie
    I guess, what you are doing is all correct. Other than LCM, we have only this one option where you can export users, groups & roles in to three files and Dimensional security in to one seperate file. This should work (in ideal case)

Try to open you dimension security export file to check for any blank space lines at the end. Also did u try breaking your SecFile into small pieces and import it, like having only first 3 lines or so ?

Thanks,
    Siva
  • 2. Re: Security Errors with LCM in 11.1.2.0
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    After you have migrated the Shared Service provisioning, try refreshing the planning application or running the provision users utility, or even remove non provisioned users when adding access to a dimension.
    If that is the issue then in theory that should place the user information into the planning tables and then you should be able to import the dimension security.

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • 3. Re: Security Errors with LCM in 11.1.1.3
    Lindsey Newbie
    Thanks for the suggestion Siva, I tried it in smaller batches and got a new error message... Not sure why it says that group does not exist for the application. I did a security refresh after bringing in the Shared Services piece. Ever seen this before?

Import failed. Total - 8, Success - 0
    Error details - Cannot import Access
    permission - Group (AM Group) not found,
    error detail -(Group AM Group does not
    exist for this application.)
  • 4. Re: Security Errors with LCM in 11.1.1.3
    933800 Newbie
    Hi

Kindly check the name of the Group....i mean the spaces between AM and Group or space before AM or after Group.
  • 5. Re: Security Errors with LCM in 11.1.1.3
    852003 Newbie
    Another way is,

1) manually give access for one group in Planning - use the same id which you use for importsecurity cmd. This is a way to validate your access.
    2) Export the security
    3) Compare that with the line item you have in your import file (which you use for import).. even a small space will give you error while import

Also make sure you do not have any blank lines after the dimensional security access lines..

Thanks,
    Siva
  • 6. Re: Security Errors with LCM in 11.1.1.3
    Lindsey Newbie
    Thanks for all the suggestions, turns out our app was under a different folder name in DEV than in TEST. Once we renamed we were able to complete it successfully.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points