12 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 10:32 AM by HakanBiroglu RSS

HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation

Hi guys,

We installed the HCM 9.1 FP2 for using the Dashboard function. Based on the PeopleSoft_Human_Capital_Mgmt_91_Feature_Pack2_Install.pdf file , we only run the scripts named HRINSSYS.DMS and portal_add_role.dms. There is no steps that obviously guide us to update the database objects. After the installation , we could not find the Dashboard menu.

The peopleTools version is 8.52.03.

Dennis
        • 1. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
          HakanBiroglu
          Hi,

You need to assign specific roles to users to be able to see the dashboards.

FP2 now comes delivered with the base installation of HCM9.1.
          Do you have a version before the FP2 release and have you installed the standalone FP2 patch?

See this doc and attached pdf's on how to activate the dashboards
          https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=README&id=1265184.1

Also see this doc on the related content services that come with FP2
          https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=REFERENCE&id=1373530.1
          • 2. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            What do you mean by "only run the scripts" ? Is it not an install from scratch as a FP2 would mean ? Or is it an install on top of an older version ?
            Just as a reminder, a Feature Pack has to be installed from scratch, not on top of any older version. If you want the features included in the latest Feature Pack, then you have to install all the bundles as business as usual.

Nicolas.
            • 3. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
              Hakan and Nicolas,

I installed it on the old version HRMS 9.1 FP1. I refer to the installation guide named PeopleSoft_Human_Capital_Mgmt_91_Feature_Pack2_Install.pdf and there is no steps that guide me to install the web,application server and process servers. So i confused it as be on the top of the old one.

Dennis
              • 4. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
                Nicolas.Gasparotto
                I installed it on the old version HRMS 9.1 FP1.
                I know it's rather confusing, but all the Feature Pack are installable from scratch and not on top of any older version. From the readme documentation you can find in edelivery, it's stated very well : +"New installations of PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 should use this Feature Pack. If you have already installed PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1 (part #V17776-01), PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1 – Revision 1 (part #V19309-01), PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1 – Revision 2 (part #V20312-01), or PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1: Feature Pack – December 2010 (part #V23382-01), you should install the Maintenance Packs or bundles available on MyOracleSupport; you should not install PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1: Feature Pack 2."+

HTH,

Nicolas.
                • 5. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
                  HakanBiroglu
                  Dennis,

Before FP2 was delivered as within the base installation, you could install it over HCM FP1 as any other Application Package.
                  I had done this too some while ago and I just used the change assistant to guide me thought the installation steps.
                  FP2 comes with HRMS 9.1 Bundle #8 and HRMS 9.1 Maintenance Pack #4. See this doc that for reference
                  PeopleSoft HCM 9.1: Manager Dashboard, Talent Summary, Manage Profiles, and Instant Messaging [ID 1373059.1]

So if you would install one one those, using the change assistant you would have no issue in missing installation and configuration steps.

Hakan
                  • 6. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
                    Thanks nicolas. I would install the bundle or MPs to have the Dashboard function.

Dennis
                    • 7. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
                      Thanks Hakan. I would use CA to install the bundle or MPs to have the Dashboard function. ;)

Dennis
                      • 8. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
                        HakanBiroglu
                        Dennis,

Please be aware that when you are installing Maintenance Packs that these are cumulative.
                        At the moment MP5 for HCM is the highest.
                        Installing this will also install MP 1-4, so no need to install MP1-4.

Thought it would save you some time in downloading and installing

Regards,

Hakan
                        • 9. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
                          Thanks for your reminder ,Hankan. I know that the MPs are cumulative. You are always providing the helpful information to me.

One question , based on my understanding , even i installed some MP for example MP2. I still can install the MP4 at this time. No errors would occur. Right?

Dennis
                          • 10. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
                            HakanBiroglu
                            This can be done, no issues.

Although you might get some error on the datamover scripts, stating unique constraint errors, trying to insert data that already exists.

In this case I open the datamover script and set UPDATE_DUPS or IGNORE_DUPS in the datamover script and set the CA step to be run as BootStrap user.
                            In the first case (UPDATE_DUPS ) you will override existing data in the DB with the data that comes with MP.
                            The second case (IGNORE_DUPS) it more dangerous, you ignore the data that comes with the MP and stick with the current data in the database.

In your demo environment you should use UPDATE_DUPS. What Oracle delivers is always the truth.
                            In your DTA environments you should examine if you have made customization to the data that is causing the unique constraint and work from there.

So you should always try to avoid using IGNORE_DUPS, unless you are absolutely sure that this is correct.
                            • 11. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
                              Thanks,Hakan. Your advise is useful to me.

Dennis
                              • 12. Re: HCM 9.1 Feature pack 2 installation
                                HakanBiroglu
                                you'r welcome :)