2 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 9:28 AM by 921917 RSS

ODI - Hyperion Planning  - Plan Type Option Missing

Hi All,

Iam not able to see the Plan Type option in the Hyperion Planning Application. For the application we have in planning has 5 plan types. A custom dimension is enabled for 3 plan types. When I reverse engineer the application under that dimension I should view Plan Type and Aggregation of that plan type. Currently Iam able to see only aggregation option of the 3 plan types but not plan type option.

This plan type option would decide in which plan types members are to be created. "True" would create that member in that plan type. "False" would not create that member in that plan type.

Any ideas ....

Thanks,
      Ramesh
        • 1. Re: ODI - Hyperion Planning  - Plan Type Option Missing
          Williams_SI
          Hello,

When you create a custom dimension in Hyperion Planning, you can select which Plan Type(s) the dimension exist in. However you don't have that option for the members.
          Example if you create custom dimesion Cost Center and flag Plan Types FinStmt and Expenses then each member you create in the Cost Center dimension will exist in both Plan Types., you not have an option to select a single plan type.
          Custom Dimensions are not as flexible as the "Out of the Box" dimensions such as Entity.

Regards.
          • 2. Re: ODI - Hyperion Planning  - Plan Type Option Missing
            Hi Willasi,

Thanks for the update. I clearly understand the point you are trying to convey. Here is my scenario is that "Entity" is a standard dimension and "Department" is my custom dimension.

As per your point

"Entity" is enabled in "PnL","Capital","Workforce","Balance","Revenue" and when i add a entity i have a option to select in which database this entity should exist.

"Department" is enabled in "PnL", "Workforce", "Revenue" and in this case when i add a department should that department should exist in 3 plan types is that mandatory.

Is that any alternate option to enable that department can exist in one plan type ?

As per my requirement some department should exist in one plan type not in other plan type

Thanks,
            Ramesh.