2 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 8:04 PM by xiaodi RSS

how to delete file system for san disk

xiaodi
      hi ..

maybe some can help me ? ref to this SAN disk detection from Oracle VM 3.0.3 - problematic

1. how to delete file system for san disk from oracle vm server , i know where to delete file system for san disk via oracle vm manager , but some time prompt error and unable to delete file system for san disk . i also try #dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mapper/xxxx bs=512 count=1 from oracle vm server , restart ovs-agent restart , and restart ovmm from oracle vm manager . but file system still showing upat oracle vm manager . as long as the san disk got file system or some thing in side , the san disk wont appear during create repo pool. the final step i will ask storage team help me to initialize the san disk and present the disk to oracle vm server .

is any way to delete file system san disk from oracle vm server ?

hope some one can help ?

thanks
        • 1. Re: how to delete file system for san disk
          The simplest way to clear up the file system on a SAN disk is to work with the SAN admin and have him disconnect the SAN disk from the server, unbind then rebind the SAN disk, making sure it has the same size. Once the SAN disk is rebound, he should then reattach the disk to the server.

After rebooting the server, the SAN disk will present itself as an unformatted disk. On OVM3 manager, it will appear to be a different disk since the UUID will change.

All of these will take a max of 15 to 20 minutes of the SAN admin's time plus the time for reboot.

I find this method to be more effective than blanking out every block on the SAN disk.
          • 2. Re: how to delete file system for san disk
            xiaodi
            hi vitugv      , thanks you a lot ,

i think this is the only way . but how about delete filesystem from oracle manager , it take lest than 10 second and dont need to call storage team , how or where to check the cmd use under delete file system under oracle vm manager . if i know the cmd , i can direct perform under oracle vm server .

maybe need yo help

thanks