7 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 11:20 AM by user3521975 RSS

Upgrade from to

Can someone please help me find the the upgrade patch to go from to on Solaris SPARC64. I'm completely lost.

• 1. Re: Upgrade from to
          Marcus Rangel
          It is inside MOS/Metalink now (https://support.oracle.com).

Moreover, the recommended installation procedure has changed. The download will be a full version and you are supposed to install it on a different ORACLE_HOME, then upgrade the databases.
          • 2. Re: Upgrade from to
            I went to OTN and they only have can I get
            • 3. Re: Upgrade from to
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              Download from My Oracle Support, then install it in a separate ORACLE_HOME (it is a full install). Then follow the steps in the Upgrade Guide

Important Changes to Oracle Database Patch Sets Starting With [ID 1189783.1]     
              Complete checklist for out-of-place manual upgrade from previous 11.2.0.N version to the latest 11.2.0.N patchset. [ID 1276368.1]     

• 4. Re: Upgrade from to
                Here doc which have the location for

Patchset Location For Grid Infrastructure And RDBMS. [ID 1362393.1]

• 5. Re: Upgrade from to

-- The and later patchsets are a full release.
                  -- The 11.2 Patchset Installer does not update existing 11.2 installations.
                  -- The install process performs a new installation whether you are doing out-of-place upgrade or in-place upgrade.
                  -- Refer Metalink ID-1276368.1
                  • 6. Re: Upgrade from to
                    Hi you can download the patch from 10404530 patch from support.oracle.com. To download this you must have support from oracle.

Edited by: 897910 on Mar 13, 2012 1:54 AM
                    • 7. Re: Upgrade from to
                      I know you're probably finished with your upgrade, but personally, I get tired of people saying "all you have to do is...". My upgrade included the grid infrastructure, which was a problem. The issue seems to be that the Oracle roadmap is difficult to piece together for us, "experienced" RAC DBAs.

First read "Things to Consider Before Upgrading to Grid Infrastructure/ASM [ID 1363369.1]"

The amazing thing is that you can't find references to this doc, by searching. I had to open a severity 1 ticket, because my cluster was in ashes. I was assigned a resource from the Oracle RAC team, that truly saved the day.

1. Make sure your prereqs are done. For me it was "NOTE: “Or PATCH 9706490 if on AIX, Solaris or HP”"
                      2. Don't rely on 'sudo' for your root work. ALWAYS have a pound prompt.
                      3. Backup everything.