1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2012 4:03 PM by 924630

budgted values VS Porject baseline values.

hi there...

after completing my plan and baselined it...i started statusing the schedule against the assigned baseline....during collecting field data i noticed that:

my actual units were always above my baseline units
      my actual cost were always above my baseline costs.

based on this...in my activity usage profile... what i expected to see is that:

the actual units bars are always higher than my the baseline bars..
      the actual cost bars are always higher than my the baseline bars..

what i saw instead was that:

my actual bars are some times lesser than the baseline bars (which is something i dont have in my project....in my project the actual are always higher).

after doing some playing with the activity profile i noticed that:

comparing the actual bars with the "budgeted bar" gives exactly what i expected..

this brings up the following question:

what is the difference between the budgeted values and project baseline values.

your help would be highly appreciated.

best regards
        • 1. Re: budgted values VS Porject baseline values.
          Your budgeted values and baseline values should/could be the same. But if you start changing the current project's budgeted units/costs, they will be different. But since your baseline values aren't giving you the expected results, I would look at Admin Preferences -> Earned Value (tab) -> Earned Value Calculation (drop-down). At Completion Value or Budgeted Values are the 2 choices. Perhaps it's using At Completion Values and those are not the same as the Budgeted Values?