This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 1:39 AM by AshishHarbhajanka RSS

'Latest Start Date' & 'Effective Start Date' are displayed as different

897091 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Issue Background:
I have told following steps to follow while creating an employee to my end users.

Case: An employee record has to be entered on 02-05-2012 who joined on 01-01-2010.

Steps to be followed:
- Enter the basic details of the employee (on 'People' form) / Left the 'Effective Start Date' and 'Latest Start Date' as default date i.e. 02-05-2012
- Ctrl + S
- Click on 'Assignment' button
- Enter Basic Assignment information (The effective date on Assignment form is being displayed as '02-05-2012')
- Ctrl + S / Close the assignment form
- Change the 'Latest Start Date' = 01-01-2010
- Ctrl + S / Some warnings appear and then the record is saved.

My end user created at least 100 employees following the same procedure.

Issue:
With at least 5 employees there is a case that when I query those employees I am able to see a different Effective Start Date (i.e. 01-01-2010) and Latest Start Date (i.e. 02-05-2012). And when I open the assignment form the effective date displayed there is '02-05-2012' as well. ....Means some how in these records the assignment is created for these employees starting from 02-05-2012..rather than 01-01-2010.

When I try to change the Latest Start Date to 01-01-2010 then system shows me this error --> '_APP-PAY-06841: Person changes exist between the old date and new date._'

I don't know EITHER how this case was produced while entering the date OR what is the solution of this problem.

Can any body help in this regard?
  • 1. Re: 'Latest Start Date' & 'Effective Start Date' are displayed as different
    Avinash Journeyer
    Hi,

Generally both the effective start Date and Latest Start Date should show '01-Jan-2010' if you have followed the steps correctlly as mentioned by you. I am not sure about the error you are getting but why do not you delete those employees and create them again as you have created them today only so there wont be any impact anywhere. It is just a suggestion..

Thansk,
    Avinash
  • 2. Re: 'Latest Start Date' & 'Effective Start Date' are displayed as different
    Avinash Journeyer
    Hi,

Please check following oracle note IDs:-

Unable To Change Start Date for Employee, Get Error "APP-PAY-06841: Person Changes Exist Between The Old Date And The New Date" [ID 603233.1]

Correcting Latest Start Date in People Screen Gives Error APP-PAY-06841 [ID 368289.1] …

How To Change the Latest Start Date of an Employee? [ID 329692.1] …

there are many other notes but hope the listed above will solve your problem

Thanks,
    Avinash
  • 3. Re: 'Latest Start Date' & 'Effective Start Date' are displayed as different
    897091 Newbie
    Thanks for your response Avinash.

Btw, I have viewed all these notes 368289.1, 603233.1, 399056.1, 329692.1, 1146414.1 already, but these don't seem to solve my problem because in each of these are under assumption that the initial Joining Date of the employee (i.e. Effective Start Date and Latest Start Date) is entered correctly without an issue, and these notes talk about dealing with 'Updating or Correcting' the data.

But In my case the pre-conditions are different, although those are making the system to respond in the same way (i.e. showing same error) some how.

As far as deleting the employees is concerned, yes that could be one option, but I am not really sure about adapting this solution as the dates I used in my case were just example dates, and in actual these employees are created almost 1 month back and they are already used in Projects module, CRM module and others.
  • 4. Re: 'Latest Start Date' & 'Effective Start Date' are displayed as different
    Vigneswar Battu Guru
    If you change the latest Start date on the person form, then Assignment's start date will also change to the same date.

The only thing I can think of is, an update to the person/assignment record, if the dates are not the same.
    So you need to make sure all the date-track records are modified, to make the dates in sync( The error also says the same thing).

You can query the tables to see the data -
    Per_all_people_f
    per_all_assignments_f

Alternatively, you can see the view history for the employee on both Person/Assignment forms.

Cheers,
    VB
  • 5. Re: 'Latest Start Date' & 'Effective Start Date' are displayed as different
    897091 Newbie
    Dear Vigneswar,

Please elaborate what do you mean by this --> So you need to make sure all the date-track records are modified, to make the dates in sync

because when I click on 'DateTrack History' button (at the top bar), it only shows me one record with no option to edit or remove that (disabled or dulled). That one record shows me the date which was written in the effect start date field i.e. 01-01-2010 and check box 'Effective' is checked. Now what are you suggesting me to make sure other than this.

It would be a hassle, but if you provide me the navigation, it would be helpful.

Many Thanks,
    Talha.
  • 6. Re: 'Latest Start Date' & 'Effective Start Date' are displayed as different
    Vigneswar Battu Guru
    Hi Talha,

Change your effective_date to today and see what the history shows, on both the Person & Assignment form.
    If you see only one record, then you dont have any date-track changes.

If you have date-track changes, then you need to go to the first record and delete all future changes.
    i.e. date-track to the first date the employee is valid and press the delete button, and the system will prompt you options you can choose.

Cheers,
    VB
  • 7. Re: 'Latest Start Date' & 'Effective Start Date' are displayed as different
    AshishHarbhajanka Newbie
    By any chance were these employees terminated and rehired.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points