3 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 7:14 AM by William Phelps RSS

Page Cannot Display Error on Trays Layout

user12953613
      Hi,

Version : 10gR3

We get page can't display error on Trays layout for showing homepage when we connect UCM. But, it works fine with Top Menus layout.

The Properties window, shows a URL: res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#https://host.domain....

No problem happens with Top menus

Error reported in apache logs:

[Thu Apr 26 11:39:08 2012] [error] [client 194.66.183.99] Invalid method in request \x16\x03\x01

please help.

cheers,
      J
        • 1. Re: Page Cannot Display Error on Trays Layout
          Srinath Menon-Oracle
          Hi ,

What is the exact build version of UCM server ?

Go to UCM - Administration - Configuration Information and copy the entire version tag , post it .

Thanks
          Srinath
          • 2. Re: Page Cannot Display Error on Trays Layout
            user12953613
            Hi Srinath,

Thanks for the quick response.

Version:10.1.3.5.1 (100623) (Build:7.2.4.74)
            Database Version:11.1.0.0.0 ---Oracle
            Java Version:1.5.0_11

Please note that the error accurs only at the time of connecting UCM (first attept), Once we got into UCM and then if i click in home or search (from UCM menu) it works fine and it displays the page correctly.

Cheers,
            Jay
            • 3. Re: Page Cannot Display Error on Trays Layout
              William Phelps
              Highly odd.
              We get page can't display error on Trays layout for showing homepage when we connect UCM. But, it works fine with Top Menus layout.
              The default layout is Trays. If you don't see a page when you log in, how are you changing the layout to Top Menus? A link to the user profile page isn't available if the Trays layout didn't appear. Are there some customizations in place that affect the UI?
              Please note that the error accurs only at the time of connecting UCM (first attept), Once we got into UCM and then if i click in home or search (from UCM menu) it works fine and it displays the page correctly.
              So are you saying that once you hit the refresh button, the issue goes away?

If you change the skin, do you see the same problem? Try changing the skin from Oracle to Oracle2 for the affected user.

A lot of the UI is generated in JavaScript. The script that builds the Trays layout is different from the script that builds the Top Menus layout, and the skins themselves add another level. I'd start by clearing your browser cache and seeing if the issue persists. If it doesn't, I'd suggest going into weblayout, and delete the trays directories for the affected skin. Then republish static and dynamic files, and see if the issue persists.