7 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 3:13 AM by Mini RSS

Upgradation S/w install query

Mini
      Hi friends,

Im in the verge of obiee up gradation from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.1.6.

Soon after upgrading WLS to 10.3.6, i need to upgrade the FMW from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.1.6

But im in doubt of to download which s/w for the FMW up gradation to the latest version 11.1.1.6.

As referring to the guide in the below link, it says

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23104_01/download_readme_ps5/download_readme_ps5.htm

it says to download more than 5 to 10 files..But which file i need to download to perform software-only install
      Oracle Fusion Middleware Product                                                   Patch Number on My Oracle Support

Oracle Application Developer Runtime-------------------------------------------------------------13517051

Oracle SOA Suite----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------13516755

Oracle Service Bus---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------13517070

Oracle WebCenter Portal------------------------------------------------------------------------------13516850

Oracle WebCenter Content-------------------------------------------------------------------------    

Oracle WebCenter Content 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0)---------------------------------13517055

Oracle Information Rights Management 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0) ----------------13517061

Oracle Identity Management---------------------------------------------------------------------13516867

Web Tier Utilities-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------13516876

Oracle Data Integrator---------------------------------------------------------------------------13517079

Oracle Application Integration Architecture Foundation Pack-----------------------13516819

Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports, and Discoverer-------------------------------------------See Section 5.8, "Special Instructions for Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports, and Discoverer Users"

Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder--------------------------------------------------------------13739283
      Among the above which one i need to download, to upgrade FMW from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.1.6.

Brgds,
      Mini
        • 1. Re: Upgradation S/w install query
          user13073875
          bump
          • 2. Re: Upgradation S/w install query
            Mini
            Hi friends,

Can anyone help me with the correct file that i need to download for my up gradation of FMW to the latest version.

Brgds,
            Mini...
            • 3. Re: Upgradation S/w install query
              SunilSharma
              Hi Mini,

the FWM 11.1.1.6 has got the complete package of the things which you have mentioned. follow the below links for upgrading the FMW from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.1.6

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/index.htm

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/fusion-middleware/documentation/index.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
              RM
              • 4. Re: Upgradation S/w install query
                Mini
                Hi RM,

Thanks for the reply. I got a link to download 11.1.1.6

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-enterprise-edition/downloads/bi-downloads-1525270.html

In that link i found the below like
                Oracle Business Intelligence, v. 11.1.1.6.0

- for Microsoft Windows x86 (32-bit):
                Download Disk 1 (1of2) (1.4G) (cksum 2398089672)
                Download Disk 1 (2of2) (1.5G) (cksum 3513994538)
                Download Disk 2 (1of2) (1.7G) (cksum 2051171023)      
                Download Disk 2 (2of2) (975M) (cksum 2895515070)
                Download Disk 3 (1.2G) (cksum 746029236)
                Whether i need to download all the 5 disk files which of in size GB in order to upgrade from OBIEE 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.1.6
                (i.e) i need to perform only software install by clicking the disk 1 folder. Since i got this clue from the below link

http://blog.guident.com/2012/03/upgrade-obiee-11-1-1-5-to-11-1-1-6/

which says that,
                Step2: Run the Installer:

Go to Disk1 folder inside the installation package folder
                      Run the following

./runInstaller
                Skip Software Update, and then select Software Install Only
                Whether im going in the correct way.

Thanks in advance.

Brgds,
                Mini
                • 5. Re: Upgradation S/w install query
                  SunilSharma
                  Hi Mini,

yes you need to download all the 5 zip files and extract them in a same folder (folder should contain all the 5 disks) and then from disk 1 you can start with the installation by selecting the software only installation and then upgrade the RCU and then copy the rpd,catalog etc files onto the new version.. thats it you are good to go and yes you are following the right approach.

you can also follow this link for your reference http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/bi.1111/e16452/bi_plan.htm#BABECJJH

Thanks,
                  RM
                  • 6. Re: Upgradation S/w install query
                    Mini
                    Hi RM,

Thanks now i have upgraded my WLS to 10.3.6 soon after applying the patch to my existing WLS 10.3.0.

I verfied that my WLS is upgraded successfully through referring to the below path
                    NEW8\wlserver_10.3\.product.properties and verify the below property.
                    where the WLS_PRODUCT_VERSION is set to 10.3.6.0.

Soon after that i need to run the product installer like you said in your previous reply..

But before applying that product installer sofware only install, i think that i need to set the Web Logic domain to configure with the updated version of JRockit JVM, since i got this by referring through the below link

http://www.rittmanmead.com/2011/05/in-place-upgrading-of-obiee-11-1-1-3-to-11-1-1-5/

In that how i can verify whether my weblogic domain is setted correctly to the updated jrockit JVM file, soon after performing those steps that mentioned in the above link

i done like the following in my cmd prompt like
                    C:\Documents and Settings>cd..

C:\>\NEW8\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\bin\setDomainEnv.cmd
                    SVR_GRP =
                    C:\NEW8\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain>set BEA_JAVA_HOME=C:\NEW8\jroc
                    kit_160_29_D1.2.0-10

C:\NEW8\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain>if "%JAVA_VENDOR%"=="Oracle" (

More?            set JAVA_HOME=%BEA_JAVA_HOME%
                    More? ) else (
                    More?            if "%JAVA_VENDOR%"=="Sun"
                    The syntax of the command is incorrect.

C:\NEW8\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain>
                    ( set JAVA_HOME=%SUN_JAVA_HOME%
                    More?                       ) else (
                    else was unexpected at this time.

set JAVA_VENDOR=Oracle

set JAVA_HOME=C:\NEW8\jrockit_160_29_D1.2.0-10

C:\NEW8\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain>                      )
                    C:\NEW8\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain>)
                    Whether now the Web logic domain is configured to use the JVM or how i can confirm with this step inorder to proceed to my further steps.

But it is returning error like "The syntax of the command is incorrect."

Brgds,
                    Mini
                    • 7. Re: Upgradation S/w install query
                      Mini
                      Hi RM,

Now i tempted to run the command without any spaces like the below in my cmd prompt
                      C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>C:\NEW8\user_projects\domains\bifoundati
                      on_domain\bin\setDomainEnv.cmd
                      SVR_GRP =
                      C:\NEW8\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain>set BEA_JAVA_HOME=C:\NEW8\jroc
                      kit_160_29_D1.2.0-10if "%JAVA_VENDOR%"=="Oracle" (set JAVA_HOME=%BEA_JAVA_HOME%)
                       else (if "%JAVA_VENDOR%"=="Sun"( set JAVA_HOME=%SUN_JAVA_HOME%) else (set JAVA_
                      VENDOR=Oracleset JAVA_HOME=C:\NEW8\jrockit_160_29_D1.2.0-10))

Now it is not returning any error, but how i can confirm that my WLS domain is configured to use updated version of JRockit JVM.

Brgds,
                      Mini