This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 7:19 PM by 771517 RSS

Android App with SQLite to Oracle Mobile Server example

934626 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I have written the code of a Meeting Room reservation app for the office. I would like employees can make a reserve from their android devices. Now i have to program all the funtcionality to integrate my local funcionality to a Oracle Database in order to synchronize two database tables.

I have been reading about the Oracle Mobile Server concept, so I have installed Oracle Database, Oracle Glassfish (App server), the Oracle Mobile Server and the Mobile Development Kit.

I would like to see the code of a simple android app to view how the syncrhonization of the SQlite data with the server is implemented, but I cant find any project with this integration between the local SQLite database and the Oracle Mobile server nowhere.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks a lot.
Asier
  • 1. Re: Android App with SQLite to Oracle Mobile Server example
    771517 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    I realize this post is a little old, however I thought I would answer it anyway, for other's future reference.

Asier, I hope you're already discovered this through other means. If not, better late than never!

The product docs describe a simple Android demo, exactly what you were looking for. It makes use of a sample app found here:

<MDK_ROOT>\Mobile\Sdk\samples\Sync\android\simple_sync_android

where <MDK_ROOT> is your MDK install directory.

Here is the link to the android demo doc:
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E22663_01/doc.11100/e22681/sandroid.htm

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points