This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2012 5:33 AM by slavonagy RSS

GRANT EXEMPT ACCESS

300230 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I was importing data using DATAPUMP for a table say TABLE_A, this table had rows but zero rows imported was what I was getting, upon checking I found that If I issue this command "GRANT EXEMPT ACCESS POLICY TO USER;" it will work, and it did "Great" but now I want to find out what procedures, packages or functions dictate these polices. I tried checking dba_source with text like upper('%dbms_rls.add_policy%') with no rows found. I know that there are some objects that are defining the rules as "GRANT EXEMPT ACCESS POLICY TO USER;" did work.
How can I find what procedures/Functions or Packages are in place.
I have no documentation or any help what so ever, but I do have full access to the DEV.
The version is Oracle 10.1.0.4.0 on a windows OS.

Thanks to all...

Habeeb
  • 1. Re: GRANT EXEMPT ACCESS
    damorgan Oracle ACE Director
    EXEMPT ACCESS POLICY is a system privilege
    SELECT * FROM dba_sys_privs;
  • 2. Re: GRANT EXEMPT ACCESS
    slavonagy Newbie
    Try to check DBA_POLICIES. There you can find columns PF_OWNER (PF stands for policy funtion), PACKAGE and FUNCTION. These define the logic behind the security. The source code of these packages/functions could give you some indication.
    Searching in DBA_SOURCE returned no results, probably because the policies were created using some DDL Skripts and not using PL/SQL.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points