3 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 6:27 PM by user552098 RSS

Project Properties shows very limited available project technologies

user552098
      I need to create a Java client to call a web service. To do that I need to include the Web Services technology into my project. However, when I selet Project Properties and then select Technology Scope I do not see Web Services in the list to pick from. In fact I see only a very limited set of Available Technolgies to pick from. I only see Java, JavaBeans, Swing/AWT and XML. Nothing else shows up. What do I need to do in order to get more available project technologies to show up here?
      Thank you for any suggestions.
      -Dave Herrmann
        • 1. Re: Project Properties shows very limited available project technologies
          Mohammad Jabr
          From Jdeveloper menu. select Tools --> Preferences --> Roles. and make sure that the Default Role is selected.
          • 2. Re: Project Properties shows very limited available project technologies
            user552098
            Sorry, that's not it. Tools --> Preferences --> Roles does show "Default Role". In fact every time I start JDeveloper I select that from the initial pop up.
            Is there something that I should have selected at the time I first installed JDeveloper? Or is there some set of plug-ins that I need to install now?

Thanks for any help.
            -Dave
            • 3. Re: Project Properties shows very limited available project technologies
              user552098
              Ok. I have some more information on this. Hopefully someone can figure out my problem based on the following:
              My current version of JDeveloper is 11.1.1.5 and that's the version that I am having this issue with. So, I decided to install the newer version 11.1.1.6. But first I un-installed the older version of JDeveloper and then completely deleted the D:\Oracle\Middleware folder in which it was installed. I then installed the new version. During this installation it popped up a dialog box asking me if I wanted to include the settings from my earlier 11.1.1.5 version?!!? How did it know I even had an earlier version?? I had un-installed it and deleted the installation folder. So, I said No. When I then brought up the new version, I now have all those missing project technologies that I did not see in my older version. Ok, so my issue is with this mystery file that contains my JDeveloper settings.

Does anyone know where this file is stored? It isn't in the D:\Oracle\Middleware folder since I had deleted it. I also don't find anything suspicious in my c:\users folder, but it must be in there somewhere.

Any ideas on this?
              Thanks.
              -Dave