7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 12:07 AM by DannyC RSS

Embeded Video

DannyC
      Hi,

I'm working on an 11g database with APEX 4.1 running the APEX listener.

I'm trying to get a swf video to run within a FF browser. I've read every post and thread that I can find and especially this one: Re: Rendering video out of the database with APEX but no matter what I do I cannot get the video to run. No error, just no video. The APEX page that I have built heavilly on chapter 9 of the APEX 3.2 Advanced Tutorials document with the addition of a HTML region to display the video and a select list to select the record.

I have a report which reads back from the table that stores the video and if I double click on the link, the video downloads and can be played in another browser tab.

I started out using a dynamic ID value but in the end I have tried everything I can think of and have resorted to hard coding the ID. I’ve tried it with an HTML/HTML and HTML/PL/SQL region and every variation of the syntax for the two that I can conceive of. All to no avail.

PL/SQL:
      BEGIN
      htp.p('<embed src="#OWNER#.download_my_file?pn_file=1599203666308970" />');
      END;

HTML:
      <embed src="#OWNER#.download_my_file?p_file=1599203666308970" />

I’m at a complete loss as to why it won’t work.

I can only think that I must be missing something or being very stupid; I’m still getting my APEX legs and I still have huge holes in my APEX knowledge.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to where I might look next?

I apologize for starting a new thread on an old subject but I did not know at what point an old thread is considered too old.

Thank you for your time,

Regards,

Danny
        • 1. Re: Embeded Video
          VC
          Hi Danny,

What browser you are using?

Can you put this onto apex.oracle.com so that i can have a look at it?

Thanks
          • 2. Re: Embeded Video
            DannyC
            Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried both the latest version of Firefox and Internet Explorer.The result is the same.

Sorry for the delay. I've now got an Oracle workspace assigned to me and I've managed to recreate the problem in it.

If you would be so kind as to have a quick look at it for me, I would bvery much appreciate it:

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=4550:1:0:::::

Workspace: DannyPennant
            User Name: Dev_Guest
            Password: D3vGu3st

There is just the one application in there.

As I've said, any pointers would very very much appreciated and I really do thank you for your time.

Regards,

Danny

Edited by: DannyC on May 2, 2012 3:29 PM
            • 3. Re: Embeded Video
              VC
              Hi Danny,

I have looked at your issue and one problem I have found was it is not using the MIME type in the embed tag although you are printing in your procedure.

So I have added the type="application/x-shockwave-flash" to your embed tag, then it says movie not loaded when right click on the video region.

Finally to find out the problem i have downloaded your swf file and uploaded into workspace images and it works fine.

So I went into your proc and changed the Content-Disposition to inline and it works like charm!

Thanks
              • 4. Re: Embeded Video
                DannyC
                Hi,

Many, many thanks for this. I really do appreciate your help and I do hope that I have not put you out too much.

Regards,

Danny
                • 5. Re: Embeded Video
                  VC
                  No probs, it just took few minutes to figure out the issue
                  • 6. Re: Embeded Video
                    brian_ch

DannyC,

Mind unlocking that account so that I can see how your video player was implemented ?

Thanks

• 7. Re: Embeded Video
                      DannyC

Done.

Name and password as before.

Regards,

Danny