4 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 11:16 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

login to applications from client

I have installed EBS-12.1.
      I can connect to applications from the server firebox browser.
      when I try to connect from my laptop windows explorer, it's unable to connect.

--when I enter the URL and hit enter it's dispalying following message and next I got message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

The E-Business Home Page is located at http://ebs.bluechipsys.com:8000/OA_HTML/AppsLogin
      If your browser doesn't automatically redirect to its new location, click here.

Appreciate any help.
        • 1. Re: login to applications from client
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          I have installed EBS-12.1.
          What is the server OS?
          I can connect to applications from the server firebox browser.
          when I try to connect from my laptop windows explorer, it's unable to connect.
          Can you ping the server hostname and IP Address from your laptop?
          --when I enter the URL and hit enter it's dispalying following message and next I got message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

The E-Business Home Page is located at http://ebs.bluechipsys.com:8000/OA_HTML/AppsLogin
          What is your client browser? Have you added the application URL to the trusted sites list? -- Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 389422.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: login to applications from client
            What is the server OS?
            -Oracle Linux 5.1

Can you ping the server hostname and IP Address from your laptop?
            --I can ping the IP not the hostname

C:\Users\Ram>ping 192.168.1.14

Pinging 192.168.1.14 with 32 bytes of data:
            Reply from 192.168.1.14: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
            Reply from 192.168.1.14: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.14:
            Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
            Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
            Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms

C:\Users\Ram>ping ebs.bluechipsys.com
            Ping request could not find host ebs.bluechipsys.com. Please check the name and
            try again.

C:\Users\Ram>ping google.com

Pinging google.com [74.125.228.5] with 32 bytes of data:
            Reply from 74.125.228.5: bytes=32 time=327ms TTL=55
            Reply from 74.125.228.5: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=55
            Reply from 74.125.228.5: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=55
            Reply from 74.125.228.5: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 74.125.228.5:
            Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
            Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
            Minimum = 11ms, Maximum = 327ms, Average = 91ms

C:\Users\Ram>

--
            What is your client browser? Have you added the application URL to the trusted sites list?
            -> IE-9
            -> added to trusted sites.

when I use the URL with the hostname (http://ebs.bluechipsys.com:8000) of my EBS server ..it's immediately coming back with "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

when I use the IP (http://192.168.1.14:8000), I am getting following message.

Looks like some coflicts in resolving the hostname.

--I try to modify the hosts file at my laptop to include ebs.bluechipsys.com, when I save the file, it's syaing I dont have permissions to save :-(.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
            • 3. Re: login to applications from client
              Updatated my windows host file with following entries and now it's working.

192.168.1.14 ebs.bluechipsys.com
              • 4. Re: login to applications from client
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                user598436 wrote:
                Updatated my windows host file with following entries and now it's working.

192.168.1.14 ebs.bluechipsys.com
                Thanks for the update!