4 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 5:17 AM by Udo RSS

what is that mean ?

salute-Salem
      hi all , help me with this please

Oracle XE can only be used on single processor machines
      if i have core 2 due processor or core i3 , then i can not work on xe database or what ?

. It can only manage up to 4 GB of data and 1 GB of memory.
      is that mean that i can not load more than 4gb of data on xe database or what ?

and what about 1gb of memory ?

thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: what is that mean ?
          hitgon
          if i have core 2 due processor or core i3 , then i can not work on xe database or what ?
          ==>You can work but only single processor use in this case

. It can only manage up to 4 GB of data and 1 GB of memory.
          ==>YES it's limitation of Oracle10g XE

is that mean that i can not load more than 4gb of data on xe database or what ?
          ==> if you need more data please use Oracle11g XE it's support 11gb data

and what about 1gb of memory ?
          ==>YES it's limitation of Oracle10g XE

Oracle XE Limitations
          CPU usage one physical core
          Memory 1GB
          USER Data Size 4GB for user data(10g XE) and 11GB for user data(11g XE)

Please refer oracle document
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18802/toc.htm#autoId7

Edited by: hitgon on May 4, 2012 12:59 PM

Edited by: hitgon on May 4, 2012 1:02 PM
          • 2. Re: what is that mean ?
            salute-Salem
            Memory 1GB
            how is that , and i have 2gb of ram , and i am working on it (xe) right now !!

and how is that , and i know that oracle learning library is built with apex and apex does not
            work except with xe database as i know ,
            and sure the data on learning library are more than 11gb ?!

regards
            • 3. Re: what is that mean ?
              hitgon
              Please read the Licensing Restrictions from below oracle documentation

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18802/toc.htm#autoId7
              • 4. Re: what is that mean ?
                Udo
                Hello,
                how is that , and i have 2gb of ram , and i am working on it (xe) right now !!
                Well, you can have as much RAM as you want, but XE will USE not more than 1 GB of it.
                By the way: I think you probably have even more than 2 GB of RAM assuming you also have swap space ("virtual memory").

and how is that , and i know that oracle learning library is built with apex and apex does not
                work except with xe database as i know ,
                APEX works on "Oracle Database", "XE" is one of the editions that exist for that product.
                and sure the data on learning library are more than 11gb ?!
                And surely the learning library needs more than one CPU, but it is also very likely it doesn't use XE but a different database edition without these limitations.
                See the [url http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/product-editions-066501.html]Editions Overview for details.
                Note that this document hasn't been updated to the current 11.2 release of XE, but despite the amount of data to be stored, the restrictions didn't change.

-Udo