2 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 2:17 PM by K Cannell RSS

Click to Popup Larger Image from report

K Cannell
      This has to be simple, and I am just missing it.

I am displaying an image in an interactive report, using apex_util.get_blob_file_src.
      I need to add a link to "Click to popup larger image".

This is an upgrade of a form that did this the old way, using custom image display.
      Is there a way to do this using apex_util.get_blob_file_src?
      Perhaps I am just getting the syntax wrong -

The image is displayed as in the sample app - I just the the correct syntax to open the image in a popup window on click, presumable using popupURL or popUp2.

Than you - Karen
        • 1. Re: Click to Popup Larger Image from report
          VC
          Hi Karen,

First create a page for popup with a sample region > Create Display Image Item > use the sql type source with
          SELECT apex_util.get_blob_file_src('P4_DOCUMENT',PRIMARY_KEY_VALUE)
              FROM TEST_WITH_BLOB
          Now when you are opening the popup you just have to pass the PRIMARY_KEY_VALUE

Thanks
          • 2. Re: Click to Popup Larger Image from report
            K Cannell
            Thank you, VC.

That is exactly what I have already done - seemed the cleanest, fastest way to get the job done and move on.

With a bit more research, I suspect I could implement a jQeury solution that nicely displays an image in a popup - but as this was an upgrade, the task was to get it working.

Using the APEX page, single region, image item is a nice clean way to make it work.
            With a little styling to control the size of the image (these were not controlled upon input, as they should have been in this case), all work smoothly.

Thank you - Karen