We are working on Hyperion system 9.3.1 and reports are developed using Web Analysis.
We have completed report development and going to distribute to users.But we are getting very strange error message.
We followed the following sequences-
1) Developed the reports with admin rights on Web Analysis reports and Essbase cube.
2) Create a user(say trainee) in Shared servicesand assigned the following roles Analyzer, Dynamic view, content publisher,explore rights and at essbase level- give the database access to user.
3) create a separate folder in Web Analysis studio and copy the WA reports there(say- reports).
4) At workspace level, We gave the access on folder and on report.
5) Now when we logged as user trainee, we are able to see the reports but reports are not opened and get the following messages-
 Native:502 Invalid Object path specified,
Does we miss any point?
Kindly help us on this as this is going to very critical to us.
- Mohit Jain
could you specify, what is meant by "Please check the database connections for that particular user". How can I check user-specific database connections and what should I be able to interpret from that information?
We have a couple of users that have started experiencing this problem in our production environment just now. Though it had been working fine for several months..
Thanks and Regards!
Not sure if this applies but there is a bug (fixed by patch 41) in v931 in which user session cookie info is not deleted - this could be causing the error if you are using the same browser - you will need to exit completely and clear cookies and cache. Then login as a new user.
Can you please check whether anything (Member) got added or deleted from the Dim......
WA keeps the record of all the information of everything that was created at the time report was made.
i.e. if you were having a dimension called Year and then you deleted that dimension then you usually get this error message.
I am having same issue, added Dynamic time series in the Planning cube and modified year dimension name to years. Getting same error when I open the report.
Is there anyway I can update Year to Years in all the reports.
It might be worthwhile trying to export the reports, updating the data source connection to point to the current cube (with the new dimensionality)then re-import the reports, and link to the new connection.
PS. It's always better to create a new message than reply to an old one, plus you get to assign points ;-)