4 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 3:23 PM by MBriz RSS

OracleTuxedo 11g present SVCTIMEOUT Block to call package in Oracle 9i

Good Afternoon

It shows me an error SVCTIMEOUT calling a stored procedure contained in a package. Stop the Tuxedo process and the service does not continue to work, killing the process.

Running the package in SQLPlus working properly

Annex the error

160707.tuxfyc01!Pre_Activacion_PSP.22567.1.0: gtrid x0 x4fa19ab1 x1: sCMercado [1], sCHomeArea [1010], sCMarca [CELSA], sCModelo [NTT3], shTipoServicio [1], sCTipoCentral [2], sCTecnologia [GSMTP], sCSerial [355772047009936] , sCUsuario [PSP]
      160801.tuxfyc01!BBL.22554.1.0: LIBTUX_CAT:541: WARN: Server g_pspcc01/408 terminated
      160801.tuxfyc01!BBL.22554.1.0: LIBTUX_CAT:557: INFO: Server g_pspcc01/408 being restarted
      160801.tuxfyc01!Pre_Activacion_PSP.22577.1.0: 05-02-2012: Tuxedo Version 11.1.1.2.0, 64-bit
      160801.tuxfyc01!Pre_Activacion_PSP.22577.1.0: LIBTUX_CAT:262: INFO: Standard main starting
      160801.tuxfyc01!Pre_Activacion_PSP.22577.1.0: LIBTUX_CAT:476: WARN: Server 201/408: client process 22572: lost message
      160801.tuxfyc01!Pre_Activacion_PSP.22577.1.0: LIBTUX_CAT:477: WARN: SERVICE=ST_A_PreActPSP MSG_ID=0 REASON=server died

Added Parameters UBBCONFIG

IPCKEY 150000
      DOMAINID domain_tuxedo_fyc
      MASTER FYC_PSP
      MAXACCESSERS 1000
      MAXSERVERS 210
      MAXSERVICES 1300
      MODEL MP
      #OPTIONS LAN
      #UID 174
      #GID 101
      CMTRET COMPLETE
      PERM 0600
      MAXACLGROUPS 20
      MAXGTT 1000
      MAXGROUPS 100
      MAXNETGROUPS 8
      MAXMACHINES 256
      MAXQUEUES 200
      MAXCONV 1
      LDBAL N
      MAXBUFTYPE 16
      MAXBUFSTYPE 32
      SCANUNIT 10
      SANITYSCAN 12
      DBBLWAIT 9
      BBLQUERY 24
      BLOCKTIME 150
      SYSTEM_ACCESS FASTPATH

Thanks in advance for all the help I can provide
      Luis Mayora
      Caracas - Venezuela
      FYC Soluciones Integrales C.A.
        • 1. Re: OracleTuxedo 11g present SVCTIMEOUT Block to call package in Oracle 9i
          Todd Little-Oracle
          Hi Luis,

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. SVCTIMEOUT is the maximum time Tuxedo will allow a service to execute before concluding that the server executing the service is hung or looping. Normally this should be set to a value far in excess of the normal execution time for the service to allow for slower response some of the time. So say if the service normally takes 10 seconds to execute, and the worst its ever seen to execute and still return results is 30 seconds, then set the SVCTIMEOUT to something greater than 30, say 35 or 40 seconds, or even a minute or two. The goal is to prevent a hung or looping server from consuming resources for something that may never complete.

The portion of your UBBCONFIG file that you've posted doesn't give the SVCTIMEOUT. What is the expected response time of the service? What is SVCTIMEOUT set to?

With regards to being able to execute the request from SQLPlus, there could be many reasons that works while your Tuxedo service doesn't. For example, the Tuxedo service may have involved distributed loosely coupled transactions that ended up in a deadlock. Without knowing more details, it's hard to speculate what exactly is happening.

Regards,
          Todd Little
          Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect
          • 2. Re: OracleTuxedo 11g present SVCTIMEOUT Block to call package in Oracle 9i
            Hi Todd

Thanks for the attention given to this case

For TUXEDO 11 64 bits, I am working with Oracle precompiler Pro * C version 11g accessing an Oracle 9i database

The call to service via the WSL am doing through a TUXEDO client program made in Microsoft Visual C++

WSL SRVGRP="WSLGRP1"          SRVID=501
            CLOPT="-A -t -- -n //10.162.14.97:20000 -m 1 -M 10 -x 10 -p 20000 -P 20010"
            RQPERM=0666     REPLYQ=N     RPPERM=0666     MIN=1     MAX=10     CONV=N
            MAXGEN=60     GRACE=3600     RESTART=Y

The SVCTIMEOUT is located at 120 but just call the Oracle 9i package compiled in Pro * C and then TUXEDO service crashes

Annex code to call a Oracle 9i Package from TUXEDO service ST_A_PreActPSP

userlog(" Obtuvo datos del FML ***************> ");
            userlog(" sCMercado [%s], sCHomeArea [%s], sCMarca [%s], sCModelo [%s], shTipoServicio [%d], sCTipoCentral [%s], sCTecnologia [%s], sCSerial [%s] , sCUsuario [%s] ", sCMercado, sCHomeArea, sCMarca, sCModelo, shTipoServicio, sCTipoCentral, sCTecnologia, sCSerial, sCUsuario);

EXEC SQL WHENEVER SQLERROR GOTO ERR;

EXEC SQL EXECUTE
            BEGIN
            prepago_cies.obtnumerodisp(:sCMercado,:sCHomeArea,:sCMarca,:sCModelo,to_char(:shTipoServicio),:sCTipoCentral,:sCTecnologia,:sCSerial,:sCUsuario,:nmovil);
            END;
            END-EXEC;

Also Annex of the UBBCONFIG where I place

*SERVICES
            DEFAULT: AUTOTRAN=Y TRANTIME=90 SVCTIMEOUT=120
            ST_A_PreActPSP

Platform
            Intel Pentium 4 HT 64 Bits
            Oracle Solaris 11 64 bits
            Tuxedo 11 Intel 64 bits
            Oracle 11g for Solaris 64 bits Intel without database
            Oracle 9i database in another server
            Memory RAM 2 GB

In advance thank you for attending the event and appreciate all the help I can provide
            Luis Mayora
            Caracas - Venezuela
            FYC Soluciones Integrales C.A.

Edited by: lmayora on 03-may-2012 7:18

Edited by: lmayora on 03-may-2012 7:52
            • 3. Re: OracleTuxedo 11g present SVCTIMEOUT Block to call package in Oracle 9i
              Todd Little-Oracle
              Hi Luis,

I don't think you're experiencing a service timeout at all. If Tuxedo kills a server due to SVCTIMEOUT, there should be a log message to that effect in the ULOG. I suspect what is happening is that your SQL statement is causing the process to exit, likely do to a segment fault or other similar problem. I would suggest running the server in the debugger and see what happens when you step into the SQL statement. Alternatively, you could enable process dumps and then examine the dump file that should be generated.

The error message you are seeing:

160801.tuxfyc01!BBL.22554.1.0: LIBTUX_CAT:541: WARN: Server g_pspcc01/408 terminated

Indicates that the server process exited without executing Tuxedo exit routines, i .e., terminated without cleaning up.

Regards,
              Todd Little
              Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect
              • 4. Re: OracleTuxedo 11g present SVCTIMEOUT Block to call package in Oracle 9i
                MBriz
                Hola Luis,

Creo que Todd tiene razon, tiene pinta que el codigo da un core y eso provoca la caida del servidor, intenta ver si teneis activado los cores en la maquina servidora, ya que deberia dejar archivo de core para poder analizarlo o debuggear el server. Otra cosa que se me ocurre es que aumentes las trazas xa el server por si pudiera dar algo mas de informacion por probar.

Un Saludo

Sorry for using Spanish.