This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2012 8:36 AM by pravish RSS

Interactive report form dynamic action

pravish Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello

I have an interactive report form with 2 pages. I applied dynamic action on form,page, and CLEAR data in few items successfully. However the data still shows up in the report page. I am trying to CLEAR the data of those similar attributes in report column but no luck.........Any tips would be helpful. Thanks

Edited by: pravish on May 4, 2012 7:35 PM
  • 1. Re: Interactive report form dynamic action
    VC Guru
    Hi Pravish,

What do you mean by clear data in items?

Interactive report is derived from a database table(Sql query), if you want to remove the column values from the report, then you have to delete those values from the db table and refresh the report.

Please add your question with more detail.

Thanks
  • 2. Re: Interactive report form dynamic action
    pravish Newbie
    Hi VC,

Like i said, i have an interactive report form (2 pages) .

Page 1 REPORT: clicking on the edit icon will take me to the form page.

Page 2:Form: i have an item ,STATUS as select list.To this item i created dynamic action like if the STATUS has "Return" then "CLEAR" other item values like start date,end date... .. in the form.And it worked well.

But the report(page 1) still shows the values for start date and end date ....

My question is how do i make those item(start date,end date) values disappear in the report too..

Hope i am clear this time

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Interactive report form dynamic action
    913014 Explorer
    How exactly do you "clear" items with dynamic action?

He answered you correctly, you should first explain to us, do you simply clear fields with some javascript based dynamic action (on client side) or you do "update" database statement (server side)
  • 4. Re: Interactive report form dynamic action
    pravish Newbie
    While creating the dynamic action.... instead of show,hide,enable.... options i chose CLEAR and then i selected which items i want it to be clear.
  • 5. Re: Interactive report form dynamic action
    913014 Explorer
    Ok thats client side dynamic action. Just so you understand what it means:

By executing that dynamic action you are simply clearing the fields on your form, you don't "clear" them from your database table. The interactive report is based on your database table. That's why there is no change in your interactive report when you clear the fields.

If you want those fields to disappear from interactive report, also you should make dynamic action that EXECUTES PLSQL CODE and that runs at the same time as your dynamic action. And you will do smth like this:
    Update tableA
    SET field1 = NULL
    where id = :P1_ID
    I really hope this helps you.

Edited by: Mimi on May 5, 2012 6:51 PM
  • 6. Re: Interactive report form dynamic action
    pravish Newbie
    HI Mimi

Thanks a lot. It solved my issue.

I Have one more question

I have an interactive report form.On the report, clicking on edit icon will take the user to form.In the form user will change the status(select list) to CLOSE. Then i want to popup an window where i can capture fields and data from one of my another pages and click submit button. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
  • 7. Re: Interactive report form dynamic action
    913014 Explorer
    Hmm, i suppose that u can do something like this:

Create one more dynamic action that will execute javascript code when select list value = *"close"*.
    Inside that javascript code you will need to call popup window. Ofc before everything you need to create a page that will have all items and submit button, this will be your popup window.
    After that step i really didn't understand you correctly. You want to take a value from another page? Where is that page, i suppose its based on some database table.
    Mb the easiest solution would be to create dynamic action (since you are familiar with them) on popup page, that fires on "page load" which will set all item values.

I would really need to see your example to help you further.
  • 8. Re: Interactive report form dynamic action
    pravish Newbie
    Thanks for the suggestion Mimi.I will try and will let you know.Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points