2 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2012 2:16 AM by 882807 RSS

OSM QueryTask

Bharathi
      Hi All,

Could you please answer for the follwoing questions,

1) What is the purpose of this QueryTask in OSM7, i hope this query task is not there in OSM 6.3.

2) As the query task is associated with order type, how it is related to order creation.

3) Is there any link between FindOrder operation in OSM-WS and QueryTask.

Your timely help is appriciated please clarify on these queries its very urgent...

Thanks in advance
      Bharathi
        • 1. Re: OSM QueryTask
          NSingh
          1) What is the purpose of this QueryTask in OSM7, i hope this query task is not there in OSM 6.3.
          Query Task is used to display the Order View while using WS-API's.

2) As the query task is associated with order type, how it is related to order creation.
          am not sure about it, but I think Query Task is related to View not to order Type.

3) Is there any link between FindOrder operation in OSM-WS and QueryTask.
          No there is no link between Find Order operation of WS and Query Task.
          Sample Request for FindOrder.

<soapenv:Body>
          <ord:FindOrder>
          <ord:SelectBy>
          <ord:OrderId>177</ord:OrderId>
               </ord:SelectBy>
          </ord:FindOrder>
          </soapenv:Body>

-----------
          NS

Regards,
          NS

Edited by: user9145485 on May 4, 2012 12:30 AM
          • 2. Re: OSM QueryTask
            Hi Bharathi,

I have tried to answer your queries

A) QueryTask is not a new concept in OSM7. It was existing even OSM 6.3.1. Purpose of this QueryTask is to assign a view to the OrderTemplate and used when the Order is completed. Once the order is completed and the user wants to view the order data, whatever view is assigned to this QueryTask will be displayed.

Query Task explanation from DS help:
            ====================================
            Select the task that will generate the query view used by OSM Web client users.
            At run-time, the OSM server returns a specific set of data when you use the search query functionality in an OSM Web client. You determine which data set the OSM server returns by creating or selecting a query task. The data associated with the task that you select here will be the data returned to you from the run-time query.

You can select a task that you use elsewhere in processes, or you can create a task that is used only for run-time queries. You can associate multiple query tasks with order, and define each task as the Summary view, the Detail view, or the Default view.

A)For Order Creation, we will use different task and it is not related to Query Task. If, you want your creation task should act as Query Task also, then you can assign this CreationTask as QueryTask, so that when this order is queried, you will get the Order View same as CreationTask View.

3) Is there any link between FindOrder operation in OSM-WS and QueryTask ?

A)Yes, both are related. If you have understood the importance of QueryTask, you might have the answer yourself for this question.

Thanks & Regards
            Naveen Jabade