9 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 6:54 AM by Avi RSS

Skinning on ADF Dialog

Avi
      Hi All,

I have a case regarding some styling. In my page i am using <af:popup> and as child of it i am using <af:dialog>. I am able to adjust the height/width of opened dialog but i can't control its background color. It is coming light blue by degault but i have to make it WHITE and for that i have given ibackground color as white in inline style of both dialog and popup , but then too its bg color becomes blue.

How can i modify this? Please help.
        • 1. Re: Skinning on ADF Dialog
          Frank Nimphius-Oracle
          Hi,

what you do is not skinning but plain use of CSS. Please refer to

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/b31973/af_skin.htm#BAJFEFCJ

for how skinning works and also

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16162_01/user.1112/e17456/toc.htm

to learn about the skin editor and ..

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/apirefs.1111/e15862/toc.htm

to learn about skin selectors. Your dialog selector is af|dialog (press ctrl+f on teh browser and search for it). Then apply the background color as shown below

af|dialog::content{background-color:red;}

Frank
          • 2. Re: Skinning on ADF Dialog
            Avi
            Hi Frank,

Does skinning of compoenents depends on the Jdeveloper version. Because i am unable to find the trinidads-skin.xml at the written path in documentation.
            • 3. Re: Skinning on ADF Dialog
              Navaneetha Krishnan Nataraj
              Which version of JDeveloper are you using?

Create the file in the mentioned location if the file does NOT exists.

Thanks,
              Navaneeth
              • 4. Re: Skinning on ADF Dialog
                Avi
                Hi Navaneetha,

I have found the XSD location and i am able to update the skin and can see the changes on my page. But when my page loads something below prints on my console. Instead of the fact that i have put my CSS in the public_html folder. From my disk hirerachy of folders i have structure as public_html->CSS->CustomSkin.css. But i don't know why it puts something like that on console.

+<StyleSheetEntry> <_getNameResolver> Could not load style sheet: META-INF/../../public_html/css/CustomSkin.css+
                +<StyleSheetEntry> <_getNameResolver>+

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Unable to locate style sheet "META-INF/../../public_html/css/CustomSkin.css" in local styles directoryAny idea?

One more question:- We have a extends tag in trinidad-skins.xml. If i want to override the default SKIN for Fusion apps, what value should this tag contain. I have made an entry like:- fxFusion.desktop in this tag, to just confirm is it right?
                • 5. Re: Skinning on ADF Dialog
                  Avi
                  I got it . Entends tag must contain the value simple.desktop and when i moved my CustomSkin.css in the same folder as for trinidad-skins.xml that console error also went. I don' know this is correct or not. But if it is wrong please correct me.
                  • 6. Re: Skinning on ADF Dialog
                    Can you specify the JDeveloper version that you are using?

Thanks,
                    Navaneeth
                    • 7. Re: Skinning on ADF Dialog
                      Avi
                      Oops!! i posted my last post with some wrong inputs. My jdev version is Jdev11 release 1.5.
                      • 8. Re: Skinning on ADF Dialog
                        Check this project: https://adfsampleapplications.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/PS4SkinningSample.rar
                        You would need to create trinidad-skins file and refer the skin family in trinidad-config.xml.

Thanks,
                        Navaneeth
                        • 9. Re: Skinning on ADF Dialog
                          Avi
                          Hi Navaneetha,

I have already generated these 2 files and have ammended tag descriptions. But still the same error. I don't know whether it's because of domain temp files or not. I haven't tried to regenerate my domain, as i don't have time for this.