1 Reply Latest reply: May 8, 2012 4:35 AM by Dimitar Dimitrov RSS

providing datasource for authentication in weblogic

Rao
      Hi, I am facing a problem of authentication of user from weblogic when weblogic have mulitple datasources
      My weblogic server have two data sources one is pmr and second is hr I have created two authentication providers one is using hr as data source and second is using pmr as datasource.
      Now i have two applications one is pmrApp and second is hrApp.
      Now I want to apply security on both application in such a way that hrApp user should be authenticated from hr datasource and pmrApp user from pmr datasource
      because there will be a chance that both datasources contains two users with same user names. In this conditions weblogic should know that which user should be authenticated from which database
      Please help me

Edited by: Rao on May 8, 2012 12:25 PM
        • 1. Re: providing datasource for authentication in weblogic
          Dimitar Dimitrov
          apply security on both application in such a way that hrApp user should be authenticated from hr datasource and pmrApp user from pmr datasource
          It is not possible in WebLogic. The whole WLS security realm is common for all the deployed applications, so you cannot configure some application to use only some of the authentication providers. Even if you configure 2 different security realms, only one of them will be active. The only option you have is to create 2 separate WebLogic domains :(

Dimitar