7 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2012 10:55 AM by KeithFosberg RSS

UCM get_search_results How to get list of revisions

KeithFosberg
      I need to list all revisions of matching documents. Below is my xml input for get_search_results.
      What do I need to do to get all revisions instead of just the latest revisions?

Thanks!
      <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ucm="http://www.oracle.com/UCM">
      <soapenv:Header>
      <wsse:Security xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd" soapenv:mustUnderstand="0">
      <wsse:UsernameToken xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd" wsu:Id="UsernameToken-18">
      <wsse:Username>username</wsse:Username>
      <wsse:Password Type="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-username-token-profile-1.0#PasswordText">password</wsse:Password>
      <wsse:Nonce EncodingType="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-security-1.0#Base64Binary">No+fpGano+cFpN3bplUI5w==</wsse:Nonce>
      <wsu:Created>2012-01-19T18:46:33.281Z</wsu:Created>
      </wsse:UsernameToken>
      </wsse:Security>
      </soapenv:Header>
      <soapenv:Body>
      <ucm:GenericRequest webKey="cs">
      <ucm:Service IdcService="GET_SEARCH_RESULTS">
      <ucm:Document>
      <ucm:Field name="QueryText">dDocName <starts> `2311112345`</ucm:Field>
      <ucm:Field name="SearchEngineName">database</ucm:Field>
      </ucm:Document>
      </ucm:Service>
      </ucm:GenericRequest>
      </soapenv:Body>
      </soapenv:Envelope>
      Edited by: Keith Fosberg on May 7, 2012 6:27 AM
        • 1. Re: UCM get_search_results How to get list of revisions
          William Phelps
          You can't get all revisions using GET_SEARCH_RESULTS. Only the latest released revision is available. This is the correct behavior.

You'll have to write something custom to get all revisions.
          • 2. Re: UCM get_search_results How to get list of revisions
            KeithFosberg
            OK....

The console page can pull up all the revisions of a document. Is this anything that can be leveraged?
            • 3. Re: UCM get_search_results How to get list of revisions
              William Phelps
              Keith Fosberg wrote:The console page can pull up all the revisions of a document.
              You mean the document information page? If you know the dDocName value for a given document, DOC_INFO/DOC_INFO_BY_NAME will return minimal revision information for all revisions of the provided dDocName (but not all of the metadata for every revision) in a single service call.

It really depends on exactly what you are attempting to do. If you are looking for a revision "listing", this is ok. If you need more data, like "what was the title of revision 5?", you'll need to execute the DOC_INFO service with the correct dID number for the desired revision.

Otherwise, you're looking at a customization if you need more data in a single execution.
              • 4. Re: UCM get_search_results How to get list of revisions
                KeithFosberg
                What they would like to do is be able to list all the revisions of a given document and pull the one they want.

Pulling a specific revision is easy enough if I have the dID value but it doesn't appear that there is anything available out of the box to get a listing that gives me the revision number and dID for each revision of a given document.

If I need to write a custom Webcenter webservice interface to handle that I think they can be convinced that it's not a capability worth delaying delivery for a number of weeks for. :)
                • 5. Re: UCM get_search_results How to get list of revisions
                  Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
                  This component should be quite an easy one - it will be faster to go and run queries directly against DOCUMENTS and REVISIONS tables rather than analysing the (html) output of dDocInfo service.

However, can you describe your use case in with a bit more details (in plain English)?

Note that there is always just one "current" revision (if fulltext is used, only this revision is indexed), so what's the purpose of having direct access to older, or newer (not yet released) revisions? Maybe, rather than "older revision" the customer wants "a revision that was valid in the given timeframe"? It may complicate your component, but you will produce much better results...
                  • 6. Re: UCM get_search_results How to get list of revisions
                    William Phelps
                    If you call the DOC_INFO service, all that revision ID data is in the result set "REVISION_HISTORY".

You can see this if you go to the Content Server and go to a document information page. If you are using Top Menus as your layout, add "&IsSoap=1" to the end of the doc info page URL. You'll see the result set midway down the page.
                    • 7. Re: UCM get_search_results How to get list of revisions
                      KeithFosberg
                      What we are storing in UCM are pdf documents (they are appraisals and related documents.

The user will get hit a URL which will run (among other things) a web service call to get a list of the documents associated to a property. They may, in the course of doing business, upload a document several times. There was some talk about making it possible for them to grab older versions.

We are just using Webcenter/UCM as a file repository. We are not running a website or applications out of it.

I have to stay with the parameters of all calls to Webcenter/UCM being done as webservice requests (choice for that architecture was made above my pay grade and they aren't interested in arguments from me otherwise!)