8 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2012 8:53 AM by 632584 RSS

    Oracle Portal 11.1.1.6 with OAM 11.1.1.5

    896779
      Hi All,

      I have the following customer requirement.

      Oracle Portal 11.1.1.6 which is deployed on WebLogic Server 10.3.6
      Oracle Access Manager 11.1.1.5.0
      Oracle Internet Directory 11.1.1.6.0

      The customer wants to have Single Sign On for the Oracle Portal Application. This is my understanding about the Architecture.

      Oracle HTTP Server (with WebLogic Proxy Plug-in) talks to Oracle Portal
      Oracle HTTP Server (the same above with WebGate) talks to Oracle Access Manager
      Oracle HTTP Server has Oracle Web Cache
      Oracle Access Manager talks to OID
      Oracle Portal talks to OID with OID Authenticator

      When I went through the Oracle Portal documents, they give steps for Oracle Portal which is deployed on Oracle Application Server but not with WebLogic.

      My questions

      1) Do I need to configure OID Authenticator at myrealm of WebLogic Domain (which hosts Oracle Portal) to connect to OID?
      2) Is there anything more I need to do to integrate Oracle Portal with OID (Meaning running pl/sql scripts or any)?
      3) Kindly advice me about the flow of Oracle HTTP Server, Oracle Web Cache, Oracle Web Gate to OAS and Oracle Portal?

      Thank you

      Regards,

      Somerset
        • 1. Re: Oracle Portal 11.1.1.6 with OAM 11.1.1.5
          jmft2012
          There is no way to directly install portal 11g with OAM11g. btw portal 11.1.1.6 is a patchset. You need to install the portal base version 11.1.1.2, which requires osso10g. The first portal version is certified with with OAM is 11.1.1.4. Once have 11.1.1.2 installed, you need to upgrade the portal to 11.1.1.4+ and migrade osso10g to OAM sso.
          • 2. Re: Oracle Portal 11.1.1.6 with OAM 11.1.1.5
            zstanic
            Hi Somerset,
            I am going through the similar problems as you are so was able to find some high level answers (although still have problems implementing.)

            As for the questions:

            1.
            Yes, you can check the details here:
            http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/webcenter.1111/e12405/wcadm_security_sso.htm#WCADM8176
            Chapter 30.2.4.1 Configuring the Oracle Internet Directory Authenticator, item 9)

            2.
            This is in no way a complete list, as it is still not working for me, but some of it:
            OAM:You need to set up host identifier, resources(urls) to protect, define schemas and policies
            OHS: Need to set portal name in mod_wl_ohs.CONF
            Domain-level jps-config.xml: Needs to be set as per
            http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15586_01/doc.1111/e15478/opssadf.htm, appendix c,
            Example C-1 Sample SSO Configuration for OAM 11g

            3.
            This graphic explains it I believe:
            Same doc as above, at the beginning.
            Figure 30-1 OAM Single Sign-On Components and Topology


            You can also check the thread I have started describing my setup/issue:
            OHS/OAM/Portal SSO integration -  mod_wl_ohs.conf problem


            Hope this helps!
            Zoran
            • 3. Re: Oracle Portal 11.1.1.6 with OAM 11.1.1.5
              jmft2012
              user8901406 wrote:
              Hi Somerset,
              I am going through the similar problems as you are so was able to find some high level answers (although still have problems implementing.)

              As for the questions:

              1.
              Yes, you can check the details here:
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/webcenter.1111/e12405/wcadm_security_sso.htm#WCADM8176
              Chapter 30.2.4.1 Configuring the Oracle Internet Directory Authenticator, item 9)

              2.
              This is in no way a complete list, as it is still not working for me, but some of it:
              OAM:You need to set up host identifier, resources(urls) to protect, define schemas and policies
              OHS: Need to set portal name in mod_wl_ohs.CONF
              Domain-level jps-config.xml: Needs to be set as per
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15586_01/doc.1111/e15478/opssadf.htm, appendix c,
              Example C-1 Sample SSO Configuration for OAM 11g

              3.
              This graphic explains it I believe:
              Same doc as above, at the beginning.
              Figure 30-1 OAM Single Sign-On Components and Topology


              You can also check the thread I have started describing my setup/issue:
              OHS/OAM/Portal SSO integration -  mod_wl_ohs.conf problem


              Hope this helps!
              Zoran
              Zoran,
              What you are tryiing to accomplish is the different than what Somerset's. Yours is the Oracle webcenter portal vs. Somerset's is the Oracle Portal.
              For The road map of Oracle Portal integrating with Oracle Access Manager there is no other way than what I explained. ;)
              • 4. Re: Oracle Portal 11.1.1.6 with OAM 11.1.1.5
                896779
                Hi Sean,

                Thanks much for the explanation.

                I try to understand this line "You need to install the portal base version 11.1.1.2, which requires osso10g." . I downloaed Oracle Portal 11.1.1.2 and the patchset for 11.1.1.6 from support.

                I think I can install 11.1.1.2 right away (which includes osso10g) and updated to .6. Do I need to configure the complete infrastructure with osso10g and then upgrade? Or just install?

                Regards,

                Somerset
                • 5. Re: Oracle Portal 11.1.1.6 with OAM 11.1.1.5
                  zstanic
                  Thanks for pointing it out Sean. I've read what I wanted to read instead of what was written :)
                  • 6. Re: Oracle Portal 11.1.1.6 with OAM 11.1.1.5
                    632584
                    user11112257 wrote:
                    Hi Sean,

                    Thanks much for the explanation.

                    I try to understand this line "You need to install the portal base version 11.1.1.2, which requires osso10g." . I downloaed Oracle Portal 11.1.1.2 and the patchset for 11.1.1.6 from support.

                    I think I can install 11.1.1.2 right away (which includes osso10g) and updated to .6. Do I need to configure the complete infrastructure with osso10g and then upgrade? Or just install?

                    Regards,

                    Somerset
                    Hi Someset,
                    I have the question. Have you completed this task ?
                    In the upgrade docs, it recommends to install portal11g base 11.1.1.2 No Configure, then upgrade to the latest Portal11g. i think that is 11.1.1.6.
                    After 11.1.1.6 upgraded , run the confiiguratoin to upgrade the 10g schema to 11g's.
                    • 7. Re: Oracle Portal 11.1.1.6 with OAM 11.1.1.5
                      849307
                      Sean Bu wrote:
                      There is no way to directly install portal 11g with OAM11g. btw portal 11.1.1.6 is a patchset. You need to install the portal base version 11.1.1.2, which requires osso10g. The first portal version is certified with with OAM is 11.1.1.4. Once have 11.1.1.2 installed, you need to upgrade the portal to 11.1.1.4+ and migrade osso10g to OAM sso.
                      What about Oracle Forms & Reports 11gR2 (11.1.2.x)? Downloadable from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/downloads/index.html

                      It's certified with OAM 11.1.1.5+. OID 11.1.1.5+ and OVD 11.1.1.5+ according to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/oracle-forms-11gr2certmatrix-519680.xls found at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/fusion-certification-100350.html

                      Edited by: Jan Willem Beusink on 8-mei-2012 15:41, included quote
                      • 8. Re: Oracle Portal 11.1.1.6 with OAM 11.1.1.5
                        632584
                        what in questioned was the portal. there is no portal 11.1.2.x