This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2012 8:49 AM by 764977 RSS

Local, Document and Third Currency Driven Amount?

764977 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Guys, in the presentation and RPD layer, i see local, document amounts for just about every Fin Analytics subject area.

What if the we want to have a "reporting" currency in EURO (example only). How do we expose that column into presentation layer?

I see no "Global" column in the RPD except the following:

Global Currency Code --> Currency Attributes
Balance Global1 Amount --> Facts - GL Balance

What about something like "Global Amount" which show data in EURO.

Thanks for any pointers.
  • 1. Re: Local, Document and Third Currency Driven Amount?
    rharrispcl Explorer
    HI,

The currency codes for the GLOBAL currencies are set in DAC configuration. See section "3.1.2 How to OCnfigure Global Currencies" in the "Oracle® Business Intelligence Applications Configuration Guide for Informatica PowerCenter Users Version 7.9.6.1 " manual if you are on 7.9.6.1 or 2 or the same section in the 7.9.6.3 version of the manual if that is appropriate.

This goes through how to set your Global Currencies so they are populated correctly in the datawarehouse.
    For example if you set Global1 to be EUR then your Balance Global1 Amount --> Facts - GL Balance presentation column will be in EUR.

Alos in ither financial SA's the GLOBAL1 amount is used as the amount e.g. AP Amount -> Facts AP Transactions. If you look at the Logical source for this it's computed from the GLOBAL1 columns.

Hope this helps.
  • 2. Re: Local, Document and Third Currency Driven Amount?
    764977 Newbie
    Great response, one follow up question.

I see AP Amount -> is computed from the GLOBAL1 (thank you for pointing)

What about GLOBAL3? What column is getting exposed from that?

Regards,
  • 3. Re: Local, Document and Third Currency Driven Amount?
    rharrispcl Explorer
    I just checked in 7.9.6.2 and the GLOBAL2 and GLOBAL3 physical columns aren't mapped to any logical columns so you will need to map these yourself.

I would use the GLOBAL1 column that you are insterested as a guide to mapping the global2 and 3 columns.

To see what Logical (or Presentation) column(s) a physical column maps to find the column in the Physical Layer and right click. Select 'Display Related' then what ever related type of object you want.

This brings up a form with related objects which you can select and click 'Go To' in.
  • 4. Re: Local, Document and Third Currency Driven Amount?
    764977 Newbie
    Thanks Rob for the follow-up message.

Appreciate it.

Regards

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points