3 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 2:02 AM by clive_t RSS

Dates with APIs

Dear all brothers ,

I am asking about dealing with dates in the concurrent programs parameters, like i created concurrent program contains date parameter but it gives me error says that *"literal does not match"* sure for dates so my question is what is the value set type should i use in the parameter , and which function should i use in the SQL to convert the passed date to the correct format to make the concurrent works?

Thank you in advance .
        • 1. Re: Dates with APIs
          clive_t
          There are various date-related valuesets (I don't have access to an instance at the moment otherwise I would quote a couple of examples to you) - it will depend on whether or not you want to allow a time component to be included or not.

In any event, the date will more than likely be in the canonical format ('YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS') - you can convert the parameter value easily to a date data-type using the standard function fnd_date.canonical_to_date

Clive
          • 2. Re: Dates with APIs
            Gr8 Clive , thank you so much, but small note that the data type for the parameter in PL/SQL must be varchar2.

Thank you
            • 3. Re: Dates with APIs
              clive_t
              Correct. Concurrent program parameters are a form of DFF structure, so will be fundamentally character in nature.

Clive