This content has been marked as final. Show 21 replies
So PL/SQL developer is same tool or another tool like toad or sql developer...
PL/SQL Developer is not the same as SQL Developer or TOAD.1 person found this helpful
Have you checked the settings for the character set in SQL Developer?
yes I have checked but its the same... in my previous posts..
Not the character set in the DB. The character set for SQL Developer. I think if you look in the preferences or options for it you might
see something (sorry I can't be more helpful, I don't have SQl Developer0.
You might like to try the SQL Developer forum for further help.
karthiksingh_india wrote:SQL Developer or SQL*plus? It seems prompt shown indicates the latter.
Am using SQL developer
SQL> create table font(col1 nchar(10));
SQL> insert into font values('हिन्दी');Try unistr() for the nchar values.
Also read up on Unicode string literals and nchar / n-quoted literals. (The docs and plenty of previous forum threads here.)
Am checking in another system which uses sql developer.... in my system am using sql*plus.... don't worry am checking with sql developer only...
Try the following:
1. Use SQL Developer. Forget SQL*Plus.
2. In the folder *<SQL Developer folder>\sqldeveloper\bin*, look for the file sqldeveloper.conf.
3. At the end of the file, add the following two lines:
4. Restart SQL Developer and test again by using the following syntax for INSERT:
AddVMOption -Doracle.jdbc.defaultNChar=true AddVMOption -Doracle.jdbc.convertNcharLiterals=true
5. You can also enter the data directly on the Data subtab of the table tab.
insert into font values(n'हिन्दी');