7 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2012 4:38 AM by iavinash.com

Oracle Performance Management doubts

iavinash.com
      Hi All,

I have some questions related to Oracle performance management and hope they will get answered over here:-

Que1. The weight of all objective should be 100 but in my case it is allowing any value. What I need to do to restrict it?

Que2. Can we do objective setting and Appraisal process simultaneously? That would be allocate objective and rating in parallel?

Que3. When and how the rating provided by manager would reflect in the Performance (People --> Assignment --> other --> Performance) widow and what would be the effective date. I have completed all setup and process but the final rating is still not available.

Que4. What is difference between Talent management, Performance management and Workforce performance Management?

Que5. When I include the Appraisal in the PMP and select the Appraisal template (that just has final rating) and click on the "Go to Task" against "Manage appraisals" (to initiate it) I do not see anything. Do we/manager need to create plan every time using the link Appraisal.
      Sorry for asking too many questions.

Thanks,
      Avinash
        • 1. Re: Oracle Performance Management doubts
          Que3: The PERFORMANCE_RATING has to be defined with exactly same values as the rating scale that you are using to give overall rating. See the following note from Oracle support
          My Employee Information - Performance Tab Displays No Data [ID 406993.1]

Que4: Performance Management and Workforce Performance Management are different terms for the same process. It is the process of creating PMPs, setting objectives, tracking them, create and manage appraisals.
          Talent Management process has a bigger scope and performance Management is a part of Talent Management. In addition to performance Management, Talent Management also helps you to develop and retain on your organizational talent . This includes learning and development, succession planning, suitability matching, appraisals, etc.

-Jay
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Oracle Performance Management doubts
            iavinash.com
            Thanks Jay,

For quick response and sharing oracle note 406993.1. Actually the Rating scale Name matches to meaning and Description of "PERFORMANCE_RATING" lookup but still I do not see the performance rating for employee. Not sure waht is going wrong.

Hi All,

Could you please provide your expert openion on other points. Let me know if questions asked are not clear.

Thanks,
            Avinash
            • 3. Re: Oracle Performance Management doubts
              user1175432
              Que1. The weight of all objective should be 100 but in my case it is allowing any value. What I need to do to restrict it?

ANS : This is a seeded one. If you want to restrict it you have to customize the page.

Que2. Can we do objective setting and Appraisal process simultaneously? That would be allocate objective and rating in parallel?

ANS : There is a checkbox "Allow Objective Setting outside of the period" (something like that).

Que4. What is difference between Talent management, Performance management and Workforce performance Management?

ANS: AFAIK, Oracle Talent Management and Oracle Performance Management are same. Prior to Oracle Performance Management, the module name was Oracle Talent Management.

Que5. When I include the Appraisal in the PMP and select the Appraisal template (that just has final rating) and click on the "Go to Task" against "Manage appraisals" (to initiate it) I do not see anything. Do we/manager need to create plan every time using the link Appraisal.
              ANS : You can schedule the concurrent program, "Mass Appraisal Creation".

Hope it helps!.

MAK
              • 4. Re: Oracle Performance Management doubts
                iavinash.com
                Thanks MAK,

Could you please let me know how can I restrict the weighting to 100, it should be through Fast formula or anything else.

Thansk,
                Avinash
                • 5. Re: Oracle Performance Management doubts
                  user1175432
                  Hi,

You cannot achieve this from fast formula. The custom code to be included under "Save" button of the page where you are saving the objectives. Since it is a java page, you may need java code.

MAK.
                  • 6. Re: Oracle Performance Management doubts
                    Try matching the rating scale level values to performance rating lookup code instead of matching rating name with lookup meaning and description..

e.g Rating Scale

1. Below expectations
                    2. Meets expectations
                    3. Exceeds expectations

PERFORMANCE RATING

1. Below expectations
                    2. Meets expectations
                    3. Exceeds expectations

Let me know if this helps..

-Jay
                    • 7. Re: Oracle Performance Management doubts
                      iavinash.com
                      Thanks Jay,

And for the benefit of others, yes, my problem got resolved aftre matching the rating scale level values to performance rating lookup code

Thanks,
                      Avinash