This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 10, 2012 4:57 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Error while Upgrading from EJB 2.0 to EJB 3.0

882035 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Can any one guide me what are the steps to upgrade EJB? I have only upgraded weblogic server to 10.3 i am deploying the 8.1 application in 10.3 server i am getting the below error. What i need to do to upgrade EJB as well. Please help in providing the steps. My EJB classes are developed using session beans.

<May 10, 2012 4:33:56 PM IST> <Warning> <EJB> <BEA-010212> <The EJB 'EmailServic
eBean(Application: EmailService, EJBComponent: EmailService)' contains at least
one method without an explicit transaction attribute setting. The default transa
ction attribute of NotSupported will be used for the following methods: beanClas
s[onMessage(javax.jms.Message)] >
<May 10, 2012 4:33:57 PM IST> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initial
ize the application 'LubeNomination' due to error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
: com/fammllc/exceptions/LubeNominationException.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fammllc/exceptions/LubeNominationException
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2547)
at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1410)
at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.ClientDrivenBeanInfoImpl.checkIfItsSa

Thanks
Sri
  • 1. Re: Error while Upgrading from EJB 2.0 to EJB 3.0
    gimbal2 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Strange question. If you know EJB 2 and you know EJB 3, you should be able to answer this question yourself. If you don't know one of the two, you shouldn't be asking this question but hitting the books.

As for the errors you are getting, the error couldn't be more clear:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fammllc/exceptions/LubeNominationException
    It doesn't even have something to do with EJBs, its a simple case of class not found. The warning is more odd as the EJB 3 spec defines that transactions should default to REQUIRED, not "NOT_SUPPORTED". If EJB 3 would really be in play here, you wouldn't be getting this warning. Its probably a case of "read the manual" - the manual of whatever container you are using (I'm guessing Weblogic, which has its own forum here: https://forums.oracle.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=193).

Edited by: gimbal2 on May 10, 2012 4:56 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points