This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2013 2:51 PM by 1007406 RSS

How to reset dyn/admin password for admin/admin account

919724 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I'm unable to login to dyn/admin. I thought password might be changed.

Can you please suggest me how to reset password for admin/admin user?

Thanks,
Kushal.
  • 1. Re: How to reset dyn/admin password for admin/admin account
    Nitin Khare Expert
    ATG automatically creates a set of standard user accounts, groups, and privileges each time you start your application by default except when liveconfig is enabled. On start-up, the /atg/dynamo/security/AdminAccountManager runs an account initializer specified by the AdminAccountManager component’s accountInitializer property. By default it points to the /atg/dynamo/security/AdminAccountInitializer component which eventually refers to /atg/dynamo/security/SimpleXmlUserAuthority through fromManager property. SimpleXmlUserAuthority is the account manager that contains the standard Dynamo account information which gets loaded from admin-accounts.xml. All of these are loaded through CONFIGPATH of DAS module.

For more details Please refer to http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23507_01/Platform.20073/ATGProgGuide/html/s1304configuringthedefaultloginaccoun01.html

In a typical setup all this default account and access information goes to das_account table in ATG database. Although this may not be the best way but if you delete the account information from das_account table then the account initializer should re-run at the start-up which should re-create the removed account with default credentials and accesses. But do it only when you know exactly what you are doing as this could affect other accounts and access privileges also.

Thanks,
    Nitin
  • 2. Re: How to reset dyn/admin password for admin/admin account
    vgk2716 Newbie
    Try this..it will set to admin/admin
    Update DAS_ACCOUNT set PASSWORD='21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3' where ACCOUNT_NAME='admin';
    commit;
  • 3. Re: How to reset dyn/admin password for admin/admin account
    atg_miles Newbie
    There's always the Admin.Reset module that ships with the product, be sure to doublecheck your datasource configs before you run that module, you should also ensure that all of the expected /atg/dynamo/security/admin-accounts.xml
    xml files are included in your configpath.
  • 4. Re: How to reset dyn/admin password for admin/admin account
    samdani.gulam Journeyer
    delete all rows from the das_account table from the DAS module and restart the server. It will make it to default admin/admin. I would suggest just do this on your dev instance "dont try this on Production".

Edited by: sampro07 on May 9, 2012 12:14 PM
  • 5. Re: How to reset dyn/admin password for admin/admin account
    919724 Newbie
    Hi All,

Thanks for your resposne. It's resolved. Just restarted entire env, after removing DAS_ACCOUNT data.

Thanks,
    Kushal.
  • 6. Re: How to reset dyn/admin password for admin/admin account
    1007406 Newbie
    I had similar issue. In WebLogic app server I was getting denied ATG Dyn Admin of admin/admin. I took a shot in the dark and tried my WebLogic admin console login, and this time it worked, but Dyn Admin tried to take me to a password reset page. At that time I got the error:

Make sure that you have the 'bin'
    directory for your JDK in your PATH variable before starting Dynamo
    and that you have enough swap space.

I created below props file in ATG_HOME/localconfig, and added the one liner below:
    /atg/dynamo/servlet/pagecompile/ExtendedJhtmlPageProcessor

javaCompilerClassName=atg.servlet.pagecompile.SunJavaSourceCompiler

Tis solved my problem. I was able to load password change JHTML fine. Not sure yet why ATG Dyn Admin was redirecting me to password change page, and why it accepted my WebLogic console credentials. I wonder if it's a WebLogic specific thing.

I saw this solution here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!msg/atg_tech/UnI59U97Mmw/EZn6zSOTiJ8J

Cheers.

Edited by: 1004403 on May 6, 2013 2:50 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points