5 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 8:09 PM by EJP RSS

jsf specification

hi sir,
      Is jsf specification is a part of java, why dont they include in jdk to avoid downloading separately, only implemention jar files we need to dowload.
      If not then can any third pary develop the specification with implementation jar files.

Any one of u said that jsf is sun's given specification,,,then it should be included in jdk software, u can understand the problem what i m trying to understand.

it is not given in book , please help me out

Regards
      Inam
        • 1. Re: jsf specification
          gimbal2
          inam wrote:
          hi sir,
          Is jsf specification is a part of java,
          It is not part of "java". It is part of the Java Enterprise Edition specification. Any implementing container (Glassfish, JBoss, etc.) provides the JSF libraries.
          why dont they include in jdk to avoid downloading separately, only implemention jar files we need to dowload.
          More recent versions of Mojarra actually merge the API and the implementation into one jar.
          Any one of u said that jsf is sun's given specification,,,then it should be included in jdk software, u can understand the problem what i m trying to understand.
          No, it shouldn't. A big chunk of the developers out there don't need JSF.

Yeah I get your reasoning. Your previous posts have proven that you have little interest in performing actual research, so you probably have big trouble managing your project and its dependencies. So now you jump to the easiest conclusion you can draw: Oracle should do the work for you by dumping everything into the JDK so you don't have to deal with it.

Unfortunately I have bad news for you: programming is actually hard. You don't get things handed to you on a platter. If you want that, I highly suggest you marry Microsoft and start programming using .NET.
          • 2. Re: jsf specification
            Hello gimbal2 brother,

There is no my intention at all to taunt or insult your knowledge and concept. I m honestly speaking , that i really interested to clear the fundamental things related to java and will to collect conceptual things , which every web developer should know this, I m not making the job of learning easy, I m working hard, and searching more and more.

As far as i know , I have developed small application using servlet , jsp, without IDE but in that cases only what I did, that servlet-api.jar file I added to classpath and worked properly. Now you tell me. Is servlet and jsp not the part of JEE.

So why different concepts exist for different technology. I dont want to irritate you. Why oracle will do anything 4 me. I just want the clarification, just because of my less knowledge regarding specification and implementation jar files.

U know, no one ( faculties) told me about these things in my college, when I was pursuing MCA.

And I never liked .Net .

Regards
            Inam
            • 3. Re: jsf specification
              EJP
              Now you tell me. Is servlet and jsp not the part of JEE.
              Yes it is, but J2EE is different from J2SE.
              So why different concepts exist for different technology.
              Because they're different. The question is completely pointless.
              I dont want to irritate you.
              You're doing a very good job of it nevertheless.
              Why oracle will do anything 4 me.
              Don't worry about it, they won't do anything for you unless you pay them some money.
              • 4. j2se and j2ee
                Hi

Ok , then what is the basic difference of j2se and j2ee. Please dont make fun. Sincerely I want to clear these foundations.

Regards
                Inam
                • 5. Re: j2se and j2ee
                  EJP
                  I would expect any competent computer programmer to be able to research that for himself from the official websites, and also not to waste his and other peoples' time on forums when he could he doing that research for himself instead.