HR Testcase:

Form UI

Lov on the Manager_FirstName
returns
ManagerId -> ManagerId
FirstName -> Manager_Firstname
LastName -> Manager_Lastname

1: Select a manager from the LOV popup. ManagerId,FirstName,LastName are filled
2: Clear the Manager_Firstname from the Lov inputext. Returned Values should be automatically cleared (at least they used to in previous version). They dont in this version.

I am sending a testcase to idevcoe_nl@oracle.com

Regards
  • 1. Re: Lov returned items are not cleared in Jheadstart 11.1.1.4.26
    Steven Davelaar Employee ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Ilias, Vasileios,

The testcase I received from Vasileios does not reproduce the issue. Please send a new testcase.

Steven Davelaar,
    Jheadstart team.
  • 2. Re: Lov returned items are not cleared in Jheadstart 11.1.1.4.26
    796392 Newbie
    Thanks for looking at the testcase.
    I emailed you a new one with screenshots of the steps required to reproduce it.

Conserning the previous test case I have sent, you are correct. I made a mistake by returning the
    ManagerId back to ManagerId where it should be EmployeeId copied back to ManagerId.
    However the items are not cleared in my Environment if you set a value from the LOV popup and then clear the value of the textinput. (No saving should be performed between these two steps).
    If you perform a save between these two steps the items are all cleared.
    Are you using Jdeveloper 11.1.1.4 ?

Regards
    Vasileios

Edited by: spooker on 6 Μαϊ 2012 10:03 πμ

I am attaching another testcase with steps here. This is different from the one I emailed you but illustrates the same issue.
    It is as if the item the Lov is based on does not autosubmit when it loses focus (click somewhere in the page)

steps to reproduce word document --> http://herosh.com/download/10867921/testcase.doc.html (just click the green download link)
    testcase--> http://herosh.com/download/10867918/HR.rar.html (just click the green download link)

Edited by: spooker on 6 Μαϊ 2012 11:05 πμ
  • 3. Re: Lov returned items are not cleared in Jheadstart 11.1.1.4.26
    796392 Newbie
    We managed to workaround the issue by extending the LovItemBean and
    commenting the editableComponent.setValid(false); line of the updateUIComponent() method.
  • 4. Re: Lov returned items are not cleared in Jheadstart 11.1.1.4.26
    If you want to clear LOV fields when tabbing out an empty LOV field, you must check the 'Use LOV for validation' checkbox on the List if Values definition in Jheadstart. This is no different from previous version. Only with this checkbox checked, the fields is set to autoSubmut and a valueChangeListener is added. If you check this checkbox in the testcase you sent me, it will work fine.

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart team.
  • 5. Re: Lov returned items are not cleared in Jheadstart 11.1.1.4.26
    796392 Newbie
    I set Use Lov for validation on the Lov but the issue remains.

The new test case that reproduces the issue is here.
    http://herosh.com/download/10871920/HR.Lov.returned.items.are.not.cleared.rar.html

To reproduce it
    1. click on the magnifying glass of the Manager_FirstName LOV
    2. The lov popup appears. Choose an employee and press OK.
    3. ManagerId     ,Manager_FirstName, Manager_LastName     are set correctly. (DO NOT SAVE)
    4. Clear the Manager_FirstName field.
    5. ManagerId and Manager_LastName are not cleared.

If you Save after step 3 and then Clear the Manager_FirstName field and tab out then ManagerId and Manager_LastName are succesfully cleared.

We managed to make it work correctly by
    commenting the editableComponent.setValid(false); line of the updateUIComponent() method in the LovItemBean.
  • 6. Re: Lov returned items are not cleared in Jheadstart 11.1.1.4.26
    Vasileios,

In your testcase, the attribute Employee_Id is marked as key attribute in addition to EmployeeId. You should not do this, this creates an updateable primary key, which is not supported by ADF Faces and can cause all sorts of strange behavior.
    If you unmark Employee_Id as primary key, the testcase works fine.

See also JHeadstart Developer's guide, section 6.7.6 'Defining an LOV on a display item', step 7.

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart team.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points