This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2012 8:45 PM by 935971 RSS

Can EBS in OVM server interface with second OVM Server or VMware ?

935971 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Pl. let me know which ones possible:

1. Win7 laptop --> Install VMware/VirtualBox ---> Install one OVM Server with EBS & GRCC and other OVM Server with GRCM & GRCI. Can they work in sych with each other (send/receive/communicate etc like various modules do within a ebs suite)?

2. Win7 laptop --> Install VMware/VirtualBox ---> Install one OVM Server with EBS & GRCC 64 bit and other OVM Server with GRCM & GRCI (all 32 bit). Can they work in sych with each other (send/receive/communicate etc like various modules do within a ebs suite .. 64 and 32 bit)?
  • 1. Re: Can EBS in OVM server interface with second OVM Server or VMware ?
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    1. Win7 laptop --> Install VMware/VirtualBox ---> Install one OVM Server with EBS & GRCC and other OVM Server with GRCM & GRCI. Can they work in sych with each other (send/receive/communicate etc like various modules do within a ebs suite)?

2. Win7 laptop --> Install VMware/VirtualBox ---> Install one OVM Server with EBS & GRCC 64 bit and other OVM Server with GRCM & GRCI (all 32 bit). Can they work in sych with each other (send/receive/communicate etc like various modules do within a ebs suite .. 64 and 32 bit)?
    Yes, if you mean each is installed on different machine and there is network connectivity.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Can EBS in OVM server interface with second OVM Server or VMware ?
    935971 Newbie
    Hi Hussain,

And no I will always be using just one physical machine. And if i'm running GRCC and it needs any data from GRCM or ebs it should be available (like it would be if I had two physical machines/servers for EGRCC/EBS & EGRCM networked together).

1) So pl. recheck the the sequence and let me know how to go about it without loosing win7.

2) Can 2 Oracle VM Servers run within the same VMware or Virtual box?
    (say one with EGRCC/EBS & other with EGRCM)

3) In case (2) above is not possible can I have 2 VirtualBoxes on/in same physical machine running win7 ?
    (Two VirtualBox/VMwares - VirtualBox/VMware No 1 running Oracle VM Server with EBS/EGRCC & VirtualBox No 2 running EGRCM).
  • 3. Re: Can EBS in OVM server interface with second OVM Server or VMware ?
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    And no I will always be using just one physical machine. And if i'm running GRCC and it needs any data from GRCM or ebs it should be available (like it would be if I had two physical machines/servers for EGRCC/EBS & EGRCM networked together).
    You should be able to connect between the VMs.
    1) So pl. recheck the the sequence and let me know how to go about it without loosing win7.
    As long as you do not use Oracle VM you should be fine.
    2) Can 2 Oracle VM Servers run within the same VMware or Virtual box?
    (say one with EGRCC/EBS & other with EGRCM)
    You are not clear about this, if you use 2 different VMWare or VirtualBox machines then you should be fine.
    3) In case (2) above is not possible can I have 2 VirtualBoxes on/in same physical machine running win7 ?
    (Two VirtualBox/VMwares - VirtualBox/VMware No 1 running Oracle VM Server with EBS/EGRCC & VirtualBox No 2 running EGRCM).
    Yes.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: Can EBS in OVM server interface with second OVM Server or VMware ?
    935971 Newbie
    Hi Hussain,

Thanks for answering all my queries. Now I not only know what is possible but also what is not possible/recommended and why.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points