1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 3:29 AM by Gary Graham-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: SQL Developer 3.0  and Java SE 7?
        GeorgeRypysc
        Gary Graham wrote:
        Please note that there is nothing new on the Java 7 front for SQL Developer. The product is still being built and tested with Java 6 for the foreseeable future.

-Gary
        Given that part of Oracle's Java SE 6 End of Life (EOL) Notice states, "[url http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html]After November 2012, Oracle will no longer post updates of Java SE 6 to its public download sites", shouldn't a version of SQL Developer be released sometime in the next 6 months that's compatible with JDK 7?
        • 16. Re: SQL Developer 3.0  and Java SE 7?
          Gary Graham-Oracle
          Hi George,

Thanks for linking to the Java SE Support Roadmap.

I have heard some discussion recently on topics such as certifying against Java 7, providing a product download that includes a 64-bit JDK, and so on. In terms of the next SQL Developer release (3.2), however, I believe my earlier statement still holds: the product is still being built and tested with Java 6. I have even less visibility regarding a post-3.2 release, but I imagine with each passing month it will make more and more sense to certify against Java 7. I also believe continuing to certify against Java 6 will be necessary due to it's wide distribution. And compiling products against older stabilized JDK versions is a common practice.

Corrections welcome,
          Gary
          SQL Developer Team
          1 2 Previous Next