4 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 2:21 PM by 930070 RSS

MSS Timesheet Search Page

Application 9.0; Tools 8.49

All I have is four fields on this page (after customization)....EMPLID, FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, Supervisor ID.

The Supervisor ID is just a display only field (customized), so when a manager logs in the code identifies and displays the list of employees who report to him/her when clicked on search. But I want to customize the system so that, even the "superviosr of manager" should be able to retrieve and update the employees timecard i.e if 1, 2, 3, 4 report to A (manager). And 5, 6, 7, 8 report to B (manager). And A and B report to C, then C should be able to retrieve/update timesheets of all 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, A and B. As of now C is able to update only timesheets of A and B.

Any thoughts how to do this? Thanks!
        • 1. Re: MSS Timesheet Search Page
          HakanBiroglu
          Hi,

Are you referring to the vanilla Direct Reports functionality?
          Because what you describe is vanilla and configurable per component by checking Allow Indirect Reports on the following page.
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13053_01/hr9pbr1_website_master/eng/psbooks/hhaf/img/image456.gif
          Navigation to componenent Set Up HRMS, Common Definitions, Direct Reports for Managers, Configure Direct Reports UI, Manager Desktop Transactions
          Click the Configure button for an application on the Manager Desktop Transactions page.

Allow Indirect Reports
          Select to return indirect reports of the user. This navigates down the organizational hierarchy and returns direct reports of direct reports and so forth until the lowest reporting level is reached.
          • 2. Re: MSS Timesheet Search Page
            Thanks Hakan!

I don't see the component that needs to be effected listed in here. The component is TL_MSS_EE_SRCH_PRD in my case, but what should be the transaction name? Any thoughts?

Edited by: user10608124 on May 16, 2012 9:45 AM
            • 3. Re: MSS Timesheet Search Page
              HakanBiroglu
              Just had a look at this component and unfortunately it is not using the Direct Reports functionality.

On this page when you click on the Get Employees button, the fieldchange contains:
              When = Component.TL_MSS_EE_SRCH_PRD

If %Menu <> "ROLE_EMPLOYEE" Then
                    GetEmployeeData( True);
                    HideRTAprFields();
                 End-If;
                 Break;
              The function GetEmployeeData (TL_RTA_WRK.REFRESH_ICN FieldFormula) displays the employees which are constructed with another function PrepToLoadEmployees (FUNCLIB_TL_CP.MGR_SS_FUNC FieldFormula).
              This function uses a application class TL_COMMON:EmployeeList:GetEmployees to retrieve the employees (direct reports) based on the search criteria for the current user and only for the current user.

So if you want to extend this to show one more direct report level, you would have to customize and extend the one of these functions or classes.

Sorry for the bad news :(

Hakan
              • 4. Re: MSS Timesheet Search Page
                Thanks a lot!

Doesn't it show the employees of lower levels?

Example:
                A is Manager1. B is Manager2. C is Manager3.

Employees: 1,2,3,4 report to A. 5,6,7,8 report to B. And A, B report to C.

As of now:
                On the search page "C" is able to retrieve/update timesheets of A and B only. Similarly, A is able to update timesheets of 1,2,3,4.

Customization:
                I want "C" to be able to retrieve/update timesheets of all A,B,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8.

How to customize so that this component would support "Indirect Reports"? Any thoughts?