This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 7:52 AM by AboRoozy RSS

wuc-24 error reading url jacob.dll forms 11gr2

773278 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi all

i am using oracle forms 11g R2 i am trying to configure webutil but i got error
*wuc-24 error reading url jacob.dll forms 11gr2 i searched on google and found some answer that you have to set Virtual directory in this
orion-web.xml .But plz anyone know where i can find orion-web.xml and plz also if anyone configured webutil in forms 11g R2
if the you have documents plz share with me.
  • 1. Re: wuc-24 error reading url jacob.dll forms 11gr2
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    Before you start making random configuration changes, I recommend pausing ;)

In Release 2 there is no need to change any of the configuration for WebUtil. All you need to do is download the correct jacob version (1.14.3), sign the jar file, then copy the jar and dlls to the proper directories. Done.... If this is what you did and it is not working then something else is wrong and we probably need more information. I would suggest you start with this MyOracleSupport note:
    <blockquote>How to Configure Webutil in Forms 11g     [Document 1093985.1]</blockquote>
  • 2. Re: wuc-24 error reading url jacob.dll forms 11gr2
    773278 Newbie
    hi

thx for reply,where i can find your documents?
    i found sign_webutil.bat damage in forms 11gR2.
    what is the correct version for webutil in forms 11gr2 and from i can download it.
    yup i have the correct version of jacob 1.14.3.

i am using windows 7 64-bit,forms 11g R2 64-bit, jdk-6u31-windows-x64 and wls1036_generic.
  • 3. Re: wuc-24 error reading url jacob.dll forms 11gr2
    Amatu Allah Guru
    Hi

WebUtil installed and configured in v11g for both the runtime and the Builder except the Jacob libraries...
    what is the correct version for webutil in forms 11gr2 and from i can download it.
    The latest version was WebUtil 1.0.6 but it's compatible with forms 9.0.4 as well as 10.1.2.0.2

Further more Webutil Demo can download to show a demo application for the features of webutil.
    This demo can be run in Oracle Forms 10g or Oracle Forms 11g

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Amatu Allah
  • 4. Re: wuc-24 error reading url jacob.dll forms 11gr2
    Just to clarify....

Version 11 includes the proper version of WebUtil and its supporting files except Jacob. Do NOT download old versions of it like v1.0.6 as this is NOT compatible with newer Forms versions and does not have recent bug fixes. ALL versions starting with v10.1.2.2 include a matched version of WebUtil and its supporting files. You should not be downloading it from OTN. The OTN download is intended for users of v9.0.4. It can be used with 10.1.2.0, but should not be used with 10.1.2.2 or newer. So, as for the version, if you are using Forms 11.1.2 you would have WebUtil 11.1.2. If you were using Forms 11.1.1.3, you would have WebUtil 11.1.1.3.... and so on.

The documents I mentioned are found in MyOracleSupport (http://support.oracle.com). If you do not have access to this area you will not be able to obtain these documents. As mentioned, some helpful information can be found in the Forms Builder Online Help. From the Forms Builder, click on Help > Online Help... > Contents (tab). Scroll to the bottom and you will find the WebUtil Guide.

As I mentioned, if you have not altered the default configuration, a webutil enabled form should work (assuming jacob has been propertly inserted). If this is not the case for you I recommend you share more information. For example, when it fails provide the complete contents of the java console? Exactly what does the error message say?

One thing you should probably do, is compile or recompile the webutil.pll file into a new webutil.plx. In other words, regardless of whether you have one or not, generate a new one. Do not change its location. Just create a new one or overwrite the existing one. To do so, you will need to have the webutil tables in your db. The script (create_webutil_db.sql) to create them can be found in:

<blockquote>\ORACLE_HOME\forms</blockquote>
  • 5. Re: wuc-24 error reading url jacob.dll forms 11gr2
    773278 Newbie
    yup i have generated .plx and solved.

One thing you should probably do, is compile or recompile the webutil.pll file into a new webutil.plx. In other words, regardless of whether you have one or not, generate a new one. Do not change its location. Just create a new one or overwrite the existing one. To do so, you will need to have the webutil tables in your db. The script (createwebutil_db.sql) to create them can be found in:_+
  • 6. Re: wuc-24 error reading url jacob.dll forms 11gr2
    943207 Newbie
    Hello kelly,
    Do you have a copy of "How to Configure Webutil in Forms 11g     [Document 1093985.1]" document?,
    I am looking for the document but in the support area no longer exists.

Could you tell me where I can get a copy of the document?

Thanks.
  • 7. Re: wuc-24 error reading url jacob.dll forms 11gr2
    Document ID 1093985.1 is still available via MyOracleSupport. If you have a valid MOS account and cannot access this document, please contact your MOS account administrator so they can verify you account permissions and/or properly report the problem to Oracle.
  • 8. Re: wuc-24 error reading url jacob.dll forms 11gr2
    AboRoozy Newbie
    please i want copy from webutil.olb for forms 11g r2 because i replace it by old version.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points