7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 7:48 AM by 919822 RSS

Extending LOV that is used in multiple places

Ayaz
      Hi,

I am planning to extend organization VO in iRecruitment (vacancy creation) to restrict the LOV based on organization type. This LOV is very common and is using in multiple places in he application.

I am new to this and i need to know that by extending such kind of LOV, will the affect appear on the whole application where this LOV is using or only at particular place ???

Regards
      Ayaz
        • 1. Re: Extending LOV that is used in multiple places
          AnoopSingh
          Hi Ayaz,

you can customize this Lov at responsibility level, so in this case this will not have impact at other places.

But if the same lov is being used at many places in the same responsibility, then yes the changes will take place at other places in the same responsibility.

Thanks
          Anoop
          • 2. Re: Extending LOV that is used in multiple places
            Ayaz
            Anoop,

Responsibility : Recruiter Home
            Function : Vacancy Creation / Vacancy Search
            Page : /oracle/apps/irc/vacancy/webui/VacSrchPG.VacancySearchQuery.IRC_ORGANIZATIONS_LOV
            VO Name : oracle.apps.irc.lov.server.OrganizationsLovVO

Is it possible to extend the VO so that it will affect on vacancy search page ONLY as i want to restrict the search on the basis of login in user organization id only.
            But while creating this will work as it is.

Regards
            Ayaz
            • 3. Re: Extending LOV that is used in multiple places
              AnoopSingh
              Hi Ayaz,

If you are extending the VO, then you need to use the substitution and that is possible at Site Level Only.

So here in your case this will affect for both Creation and Search Page.(As you have mentioned two functions, so it looks that the same Lov is being used in both pages.

Thanks
              Anoop
              • 4. Re: Extending LOV that is used in multiple places
                Anoop,

How to customize Lov at responsibility level, so in this case this will not have impact at other places.

Regards
                • 5. Re: Extending LOV that is used in multiple places
                  Hi,

If you can share your requirement, then we may can suggest if your requirement can be achieved using personalization/Controller Extension.

As said earlier, if you are extending VO then your substitutions will effect only SITE level.

Thanks,
                  Venkat.
                  • 6. Re: Extending LOV that is used in multiple places
                    Venkat,

What steps we need to perform if we need to restrict an LOV which is used in more than 1 pages/functions.

For e.g : We need to restrict the LOV for assignment status change in iRecruitment, such that changing applicant assignment status via iRecrutiment Manager responsibility will show only restricted status whereas changing status via iRecrutiment Recruiter will show all the statuses.

I hope i made myself clear.

Regards
                    • 7. Re: Extending LOV that is used in multiple places
                      Hi,

Sorry, I didnt check your post.

I hope you found solution for this issue.

Below may be helpful for others
                      If a LOV is used in different pages ( let's take in diff responsibilities) then it would be better to extend the controller of the base page and append dynamic where clauses to control the results of LOV.

Add this controller to page through personalization at responsibility level.

Thanks,
                      Venkat.